App Review Avast Free Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It's getting interesting for Avast however a little twist that instead of overpowered components then may lead to passive performance.

For example the Software Analyzer or even the HIPS are not in the action against those undetected threats unlike to Emsisoft which can determine unknown threats accurately.

Nevertheless the core protection of Avast is indeed good.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
hi
thank you so much
i like your videos and i really like this video
i will suggest to my friends avast beta ,seeing the final will be avaible soon right?
cheers
It might be better if you don't. This is beta version which means it's intended for testing only. You should recommend them latest stable version of Avast instead. Beta versions can be really buggy and sometimes miss a threat.

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
What OS?

Avira Free or Paid?

Are you a long time Avira user? How you find it overall?

Win10

Avira pro paid for 2 years

yes i am a long time Avira user, this is the third year with this software solution. I think is a good software, light, reactive, pretty old interface. Good with boot protection ransomware specially, i see some great user's videos in this forum. Sometimes as i said avira take several minutes to remove some threats. I don't know why but i rember this "issue" since Avira 2011

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.