Battle Avast free/w Comodo firewall or Comodo Internet Security 5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright, Polls up, which product do you guys like better?

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
If you have a PC with a strong configuration you can use Avast Free with Comodo and use the antivirus from Avast, the Firewall and HIPS from Comodo and the cloud from both !

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
The main thing that annoys me about Comodo's AV is that on default it won't scan all files just ones 40 mb or less...now Avast scans all files without any tweaking as far as I can remember.
I would say Avast may be a bit better than Comodo's AV.

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
MRF71 said:
The main thing that annoys me about Comodo's AV is that on default it won't scan all files just ones 40 mb or less...now Avast scans all files without any tweaking as far as I can remember.
Its not hard to tweak at all. So that shouldn't effect your decision with AV too much. I don't see how you think that this is a major annoyance honestly.

D

Deleted member 178

GabiCRX said:
you can use Avast Free with Comodo and use the antivirus from Avast, the Firewall and HIPS from Comodo and the cloud from both !

in that config , the comodo's cloud will be just in D+ as a "informer" and will remove nothing since it need the AV for that.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
malware medic said:
MRF71 said:
Its not hard to tweak at all. So that shouldn't effect your decision with AV too much. I don't see how you think that this is a major annoyance honestly.

I like to scan ALL files regardless of size and I've had no problems with avast and others in the past... CIS is the only one that hasn't been able to do this as default and if I set it to high it interferes with the scan performance and locks my pc up.

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
MRF71 said:
malware medic said:
MRF71 said:

I like to scan ALL files regardless of size and I've had no problems with avast and others in the past... CIS is the only one that hasn't been able to do this as default and if I set it to high it interferes with the scan performance and locks my pc up.
Well I don't get that problem. I guess ur just unlucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.