Avast introduces Avast One

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
Is Hardened Mode really gone in Avast One? It was one of their main advantages.
1634460235035.png

Hardened mode is available if you check this option (disabled by default). If disabled (like in this case), the CyberCapture comes into action.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
That's good. Now they need to make it in the other languages, so I don't have to reinstall it then when they do, which I assume will be the case for people who are now installing the english version and will want to switch later on.

Reactions: [correlate]

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
I just installed the Avast Free Antivirus version, it didnt gave me the option to install the Firewall using the installer but I was able to install it via Avast UI, so I dont see any good reason to use Avast One Essential over the Avast Free Antivirus version at the moment + in the Avast Free Antivirus you are able to select which modules you want to install something you cant do in the Avast One Essential version.

xTwgHIa.png

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I just installed the Avast Free Antivirus version, it didnt gave me the option to install the Firewall using the installer but I was able to install it via Avast UI, so I dont see any good reason to use Avast One Essential over the Avast Free Antivirus version at the moment + in Avast the Free Antivirus you are able to select which modules you want to install something you cant do in Avast One Essential version.

xTwgHIa.png
It looks like a copy of Bitdefender's UI. :LOL:
BD FIrewall.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.