Avast IS and windows firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2014
I recently Installed Avast Internet Security 2016. When I checked my windows firewall, it was enabled. Is Avast supposed to leave it enabled by default, or disable it?

Thanks,

cc

Reactions: mal1

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
[Quote = "KokoKid, příspěvek: 459239, člen: 42780"] To říká, že je kompatibilní, ale to bylo před 3 lety tak IDK.
Windows Firewall a Avast
Použil jsem Avast Firewall Windows Firewall bez problémů. [/ Quote]

You will receive two notifications, disable the Windows firewall, or use the free avast + windows firewall

Reactions: cc2150dx

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have been trying Avast IS 2016 for about a month now and yes you do need to disable Windows Firewall manually.I have tried it with Windows Firewall enabled and experienced no problems with both running.However IS & premier are meant to be used with the Firewall component enabled and there is not much point in running both Firewalls.
Been an ongoing question for many years.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2014
I have been trying Avast IS 2016 for about a month now and yes you do need to disable Windows Firewall manually.I have tried it with Windows Firewall enabled and experienced no problems with both running.However IS & premier are meant to be used with the Firewall component enabled and there is not much point in running both Firewalls.
Been an ongoing question for many years.

I did some more research and found this:

Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Frequently Asked Questions - General

cc

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.