Advice Request Basemark Web 3.0 - My Test Scores

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
i thought i would post it here :)

my result
t8qdv3B.jpg

Test your web benchmark here:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About and Features

Web 3.0 Features
  • Low-level JavaScript calculations (ECMAScript), designed to test the core of JavaScript
  • Graphically intense content, e.g. WebGL 2.0, that uses mainly GPU of the device
  • Tests built with popular JavaScript frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Angular, and Backbone), and Document Object Model (DOM), as well as popular CSS features
  • Basemark Web 3.0 will also contain a Conformance Suite, which doesn’t contribute to overall score, but tests the browser’s conformance.
https://www.basemark.com/benchmarks/basemark-web/

Last edited:

Wraith2020

Level 2
Mar 19, 2020
On my 2010 G4600 dual core I cancelled the test after 6 minuted and test 4 initialising.....

To all with high benchmark scores: count your blessings, happiness in life is also about enjoying the small things. 👍
Scores are just the results of synthetic tests friend. As long as your browser functions smoothly you're good to go. Grab a chilled beer and surf safely. :emoji_beer:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
it seems like Chromium browser is the fastest browser compared to other tested ones on my laptop
I tested each at least twice while I tested Chromium 4 times. No extension, incognito mode. I tried to change some flags but the differences were insignificant
- Chromium: ~415-430. Never below 410
- Google chrome: 380-406
- Edge: 380-390
- Firefox: ~260-270!!!! The test was significantly slower and chopper despite the maximum hardware-acceleration setting
- Brave: 360-380

This test consumes a lot of GPU most of the time. In fact, if you have a great integrated GPU or a single dedicated NVIDIA/AMD GPU, you would get better scoring
the benchmark consumed 100% of my integrated GPU. When I switched to my Nvidia's GPU, it usually consumed around 50-60% max but the scored went up by 200-300 points

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Spot on mate.. It depends on the hardware of the PC. In my case, Brave seems to score the highest.
the scores seem to vary a lot depend on many factors. I tested chromium by woolyss (stable v81) 3 consecutively, the second time had the highest score by 50 point more than the others. The third time had the lowest when the CPU/GPU heated up a bit
your version is v84 which I nightly, I assume

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.