Advice Request Best alternative to LastPass 2021

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Eggnog

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
As many of you already know, LastPass is changing to only supporting one device in its free version beginning March 16. LastPass has had some issues since acquired by LogMeIn and I've had trouble from time to time with log ins not working properly. I've been using LastPass for several years but I think it's time for a change. What is a good alternative? I don't care whether it's free or paid, so long as it is secure and reputable, has all the core features you would expect, has a clean interface, is relatively intuitive to use, and doesn't require a doctorate to set up. I already have my LastPass .csv exported so I'm good to go. If it has some useful bells and whistles, that's okay, too. I don't, however, want to pay about $25 over the standard price of other comparable managers for Dashlane just to get its stupid VPN which is just a basic rebrand of HotSpot Shield. Thanks in advance.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
For yourself, that works, but not everyone is you.

You have to consider other people, and different scenarios where people's data is a target. Corporate, Businesses, Journalists, CEOs etc.

It is 100% better if safeguards are modelled around the worse case scenario.
You're arguing against yourself here. Bitwarden gives you the option to select what I need (less physical security) instead of the default, which requires a log-in every time the vault is accessed. 1Password does NOT. So yes, this works for myself. AND for everyone else. Because it's a choice, with the default being the more secure option.

Upvote 0

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Updating my previous posts, I subscribed 1Password today. Even my wife agreed Sticky was driving her crazy.

Also a coming update will integrate the browser plugins and desktop app so you will just have to unlock one and may do so using Windows Hello. The Linux beta already has this integration feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.