App Review Best Browser Extensions for Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
The PC Security Channel

Nightwater

Level 2
Jan 26, 2021
I visited a website that said that this guy doesn't understand a lot about security, that he was paid outside to speak well of some companies, people asked questions like: how does this guy have 142 thousand followers? What do you think about him? I would like the opinion of some members :)

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Found it:
1611875245750.png

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
@SecureKongo I could not find that Whois lookup addon for Edge.
Strange, can't find it either. I use Flagfox in Firefox, but I can't find a good alternative for Chrome based browsers... The best I found for chrome might be this one:

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

To be fair Whois Lookup can be considered as a security extension if you know what you are looking for. 😄
Whois information are restricted to extremely basic details since years already. This also don't stop your browser connecting to the site and a substantial risk exists that you will miss checking that site.
No security improvement in any way.

Better blocking new registered domains like NextDNS do.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Whois information are restricted to extremely basic details since years already. This also don't stop your browser connecting to the site and a substantial risk exists that you will miss checking that site.
No security improvement in any way.

Better blocking new registered domains like NextDNS do.
Can't argue with that. Would like to see Leos answer to this.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
What a disappointing video! Pretty sure he didn't have any plan to make such a video. It seems basically, Malwarebytes recently paid him a lot of money to make a video about their VPN and he thought, how can I make it less obvious! So he added some extensions into the mix and created this video.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.