Advice Request Best email app for multiple accounts

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hi,I've tried searching around this forum, but I cannot seem to find a thread where email apps are discussed. What are you using and why do you like it?
email app are safe ?do they leak pass?

thank u

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Outlook user here, not the best for privacy!
I have used Newton Mail :) , like MS Outlook not the best for privacy.

You can try also:
eM Client
Thunderbird
Microsoft included Mail and Calendar

Special mention:
PostBox
MailBird

For eM Client: - I test it at the moment of writing

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

On Windows 10:
For basic use; the Mail and Calendar app from the Microsoft Store which is Free to use. Installed by default.
For advanced/business use; Outlook 365 from Microsoft 365 for Consumer (Office subscription). Download required.
macOS and Linux also come with default Email clients.

There are other free, open-source and proprietary client software that are available, as well as web-based versions for no downloads.

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Windows 10 Mail. I like it because it's light and simple, without a butt load of stuff you don't need clouding your eyes (Office Outlook). Windows 10 Mail can also sync contacts and calendar from your outlook account, most clients like Thunderbird only use IMAP or POP, so they will only sync emails.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use POP Peeper Free, I was never able to find a better email client, that would suit my needs, not like there are many of them, surprisingly.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I use POP Peeper Free, I was never able to find a better email client, that would suit my needs, not like there are many of them, surprisingly.

I also use it for long, also bought extra additional features pack! :)

I use it to pre filter all the messages I get in my accounts (checking every 3 minutes), and then I use Mozilla ThunderBird to get in local the messages I want to finally receive...

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
You might want to check BlueMail. I am using it for my working account, so I don't need to grant access via Gmail (company policy).

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Windows 10 Mail. I like it because it's light and simple, without a butt load of stuff you don't need clouding your eyes (Office Outlook). Windows 10 Mail can also sync contacts and calendar from your outlook account, most clients like Thunderbird only use IMAP or POP, so they will only sync emails.
Would I require to login again after windows reinstallation? Or there is a way to keep a backup?

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I use Mailbird. If you don't mind paying, it's a great app, which is in active development, very solid. You get a unified Inbox that really helps check all your accounts at once.

eM Client is a good alternative, although unstable (constant crashes as of a few months ago when I last used it). Thunderbird is a good solid app too.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
I used Thunderbird years ago, but it should have got a big update, looks old, and for Gmail isn't that good. However, it is rock stable

I tried Mailbird and well, not bad, but not for me, no rules, no filters, no nothing

I am trying this week eM Client Beta, but it crashes a lot... I had to reinstall and remove password protection, disable minimize to tray and disable Windows boot up, casue enabling any of them would make it crashes a lot

For me it is a really good option, I hope now it won't crash more cause I like it a lot. Probably it will get better in a few months

Chhers!

Reactions: harlan4096

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I used Thunderbird years ago, but it should have got a big update, looks old, and for Gmail isn't that good. However, it is rock stable

I tried Mailbird and well, not bad, but not for me, no rules, no filters, no nothing

I am trying this week eM Client Beta, but it crashes a lot... I had to reinstall and remove password protection, disable minimize to tray and disable Windows boot up, casue enabling any of them would make it crashes a lot

For me it is a really good option, I hope now it won't crash more cause I like it a lot. Probably it will get better in a few months

Chhers!
Actually, Mailbird does have filters.
Mailbird_cmRKEuin0F.png
They've been adding new features to it, so you must have tried it before Filters were implemented.

Reactions: miguelang611

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I use Outlook and em Client right now, no problems at all from both programs...also I'm thinking to move to eM Client , better privacy, more features :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I use Outlook and em Client right now, no problems at all from both programs...also I'm thinking to move to eM Client , better privacy, more features :)
Their privacy policy is not the best:
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
• Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
• Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
• Affiliates. We may share some or all of your personal data with our affiliates, in which case we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy. In particular, you may let us share personal data with our affiliates where you wish to receive marketing communications from them.
• Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
From: https://www.emclient.com/docs/em-client-privacy-policy.pdf

Reactions: stefanos

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
If you're using the same outlook account that you use on window, it will logon automatically. Everything is on the server, so, no need to backup, only pop needs backup.
I have 4 emails that I use regularly so it's not just Outlook. If there's any folder which could be backed up and restored then that would've been ideal for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.