Battle Best free antivirus for Android--or no antivirus?

Best free antivirus for Android--or no antivirus?

• Avast

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • AVG

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Avira

• Bitdefender

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Dr.Web

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESET

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • F-Secure

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Lookout

• Malwarebytes

• McAfee

• Sophos

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Trend Micro

• Other, please specify in thread

• None

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters
Compare list
Avast
AVG
Avira
Bitdefender
Dr.Web
ESET
F-Secure
Kaspersky
Lookout
Malwarebytes
McAfee
Sophos
Trend Micro
Other
None

Razza

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
The thing is if you don't install sketchy apps you probably don't need a antivirus, saying that I do have Bitdefender on my family members android devices it more just incase they install crap by mistake plus you web browsering is protected by Bitdefender web protection plus it uses my spare slots up on my Bitdefender family pack 15 devices I got cheap.

Ads blocking wise adguard is good if SSL intercept is on, but DNS level ad blocking is going to getting more and more ineffective as time go on as more and more sites and apps are getting wiser and starting to use the ad domain for non ad content that is needed for it work.

I use adguard at home, I've noticed recently I have to whitelist more and more domains since they are using the domain for tracking/ads for legitimate assets needed for app /website functionality.

Moonhorse

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I installed avg free version to my all family devices, adguard blocks ads inside the application and battery usage is normal even with the antivirus enabled so i dont see any downsides using avg

The main point i use avg is that it blocks malicious pages , gives me somewhat peace of mind

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.