• Other (NOT Revo, see OP)

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Total voters

roger_m

Level 29
Verified
Content Creator
Honestly I find IObit a bad, clunky, and even dangerous program
What do you find dangerous about it? On rare occasions, it will find files and registry keys that do not belong to the software it just uninstalled. But, the same can said for Revo and other alternatives.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 53
Verified
Content Creator
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 53
Verified
Content Creator
I don't think you'll find much difference between the two. You can often get IObit Uninstaller Pro as a giveaway.
Ok, just found a review

The best software uninstaller 2018: remove stubborn programs | TechRadar

Apparently, IObit Uninstaller Pro lacks of tracking newly installed programs.

On the other hand Geek Uninstaller Pro, like Revo Uninstaller Pro, has the ability to track newly installed programs and it's a lifetime offer for the subscription of US$24.95

Have you tried Geek Uninstaller Pro?

ChemicalB

Level 7
Verified
Sometimes I use GeekUninstaller free, but a question, I've uninstalled some Windows Apps like People, Mail, Contacts, Photo, etc, and Geek has found hundreds of leftovers: files and registry entries.
I've deleted everything with no apparent problems, is this procedure correct or some problem might happen?
Thanks guys.

CyberTech

Level 31
Verified

jerzy601

Level 17
Verified
I have been using Revo Uninstaller Pro version 3 for years and I am satisfied so far.
currently there is version 4, but I do not have the key to it, and the key from version 3 does not match any more, so by 4 I can not say anything.
I also use Reg Organizer 8.16 to uninstall programs and so far I have not had problems with leftovers after uninstalling programs.

HarborFront

Level 53
Verified
Content Creator
While it is the paid version of Geek Uninstaller, It is actually called Uninstall Tool. I have used it, but have not used it trace installs. I use Comodo Programs Manager to do that.
I think CPM is no longer under development, right?

LDogg

Level 32
Verified
I have two x64 systems running Revo Uninstaller Portable on both. With no problems whatsoever. I did read OPs reasons stating why, but I'm putting my own experience for you into account, you don't have to go by what I'm saying however.

~LDogg

Telos

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Revo's upgrade "discount" offered is quite poor. I must pay to upgrade my v3 to v4 ... leaving a version that never expires for a time-limited version. Are you kidding? IObit will thrive.

Revo should offer free 1-year upgrades from v3 to v4... as a minimum. Yes even with "deal" I would not upgrade.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
I have been using Revo Uninstaller 3 since the dinosaurs. It cleans up.

Version 4 requires that you buy a new license which I understand. But right now I don't have the need to do so.

Local Host

Level 22
Verified
Sometimes I use GeekUninstaller free, but a question, I've uninstalled some Windows Apps like People, Mail, Contacts, Photo, etc, and Geek has found hundreds of leftovers: files and registry entries.
I've deleted everything with no apparent problems, is this procedure correct or some problem might happen?
Thanks guys.
You may run into issues with that behaviour, as Geek Uninstaller just searches for the name of the APP across the regedit and files (it can't properly track the files the program itself created, unless you use the Pro Version).

Which means you may end up deleting KEYs with similar names that may cause issues (especially Microsoft APPs), is actually something I noticed the first time I used Geek Uninstaller while uninstalling Microsoft APPs it was flagging unrelated KEYs to the APP I was uninstalling.

Uninstaller Programs are as dangerous as Deep Registry Scanners, you need to keep an eye out and not just press NEXT. Around two years ago I had a client who liked to used IObit Uninstaller, and pretty much messed up the whole Windows 10 System (that I had just cleaned installed three days before) to the point he didn't have access to his own files.

ChemicalB

Level 7
Verified
You may run into issues with that behaviour, as Geek Uninstaller just searches for the name of the APP across the regedit and files (it can't properly track the files the program itself created, unless you use the Pro Version).

Which means you may end up deleting KEYs with similar names that may cause issues (especially Microsoft APPs), is actually something I noticed the first time I used Geek Uninstaller while uninstalling Microsoft APPs it was flagging unrelated KEYs to the APP I was uninstalling.

Uninstaller Programs are as dangerous as Deep Registry Scanners, you need to keep an eye out and not just press NEXT. Around two years ago I had a client who liked to used IObit Uninstaller, and pretty much messed up the whole Windows 10 System (that I had just cleaned installed three days before) to the point he didn't have access to his own files.
That's what I was thinking, luckily I have a OS backup previously done in case of problems.
Thanks a lot mate for your detailed answer (y)

Thirio

Level 3
Rollback rx is a good uninstaller if you save snapshots before installing new software. Free version has 7 snapshots and paid has unlimited.

Telos

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Is RollbackRx specific to a singular install? For example, if I want to fully uninstall a program I added a week ago, can RollbackRX do that without losing everything else I've done over the past week after I initially added that program?

I didn't know that was possible with RollbackRX although it is w/Revo (and other uninstallers).

Thirio

Level 3
Think of it like Shadow Defender but with many snapshots that you can go backwards and forwards from at any given time. Each time you install a new software rollback will prompt you to save a "event-driven snapshot" so you can easily go back in time. It doesn't look for registry key remnants and left over files, it just restores the whole operating system to the way it was when you took the snapshot kind of like a VM. You can also schedule snapshots on a monthly/weekly/daily/hourly basis.

You can even go back to the snapshot you created a week ago and then mount a virtual drive to explore a later-in-time snapshot to grab any important files you need. Hope that made sense lol.