Compare list
vipre vs g-data vs trendmicro vs Antivirus By PIA
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
what is your choice and why right now my current protection(Norton) about to expire i want to choose one with strong privacy protection(data collection)and acceptable protection

Reactions: Dave Russo

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
From those 4 probably G-Data (German, has to comply with German and EU privacy laws).

The "best" for security are Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Microsoft (helped by DefenderUI or ConfigureDefender).
According to our tester @Shadowra :
Only AVs with a good Behavior Blocker or detection engine, such as Kaspersky, Bitdefender or Microsoft Defender
A quote found here:

Personally I am using Microsoft.

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
From those 4 probably G-Data (German, has to comply with German and EU privacy laws).

The "best" for security are Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Microsoft (helped by DefenderUI or ConfigureDefender).
According to our tester @Shadowra :

A quote found here:

Personally I am using Microsoft.
dont like microsoft defender i want better suite i don't like add tons of software to make msd completed.i prefer complete suite with no need of additional stuff.

Reactions: roger_m and Jack

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021
loooove Vipre, phishing protection via Outlook has been great from all the workstations I've seen. I think they are still using BitDefender engine for detections very happy for the last few years. Strong firewall protection also. In a vacuum I' d probably go with traffic light.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
From these 4 Vipre is the best. It is almost a full rebrand of Bitdefender which makes one wonder, why not Bitdefender. It’s got exploit shield and firewall that are developed by Vipre.

Antivirus by PIA not even sure what’s that.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
dont like microsoft defender i want better suite i don't like add tons of software to make msd completed.i prefer complete suite with no need of additional stuff.

If you don't want to choose what I've highlighted, you can go to GData.
It has 2 engines and its unknown malware blocker is very good (BEAST) and has an anti-ransomware shield called DeepRay.
It's just a bit memory-hungry :/

VIPRE, I haven't seen it for about 1 year. I had fond memories of it.

I really like Trend Micro. Much less its viral base which is rather weak...
Its Behavior Blocker is good, but not on script-type malware.

The PIA antivirus, on the other hand, I have no opinion because I don't know it at all.

And if I have to give a personal opinion, I'd say F-Secure :) It's very good and has an excellent privacy policy.

kididoh821

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2024
If you don't want to choose what I've highlighted, you can go to GData.
It has 2 engines and its unknown malware blocker is very good (BEAST) and has an anti-ransomware shield called DeepRay.
It's just a bit memory-hungry :/

VIPRE, I haven't seen it for about 1 year. I had fond memories of it.

I really like Trend Micro. Much less its viral base which is rather weak...
Its Behavior Blocker is good, but not on script-type malware.

The PIA antivirus, on the other hand, I have no opinion because I don't know it at all.

And if I have to give a personal opinion, I'd say F-Secure :) It's very good and has an excellent privacy policy.
g-data is ok with me too also good privacy policy too after that vipre but its not have any clear info on privacy policy section

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I will second F-Secure. Relatively fast, reliable, and really good security and privacy to boot. (Well, whatever accounts for privacy nowadays, right?)
And with F-Secure migrating to 64-bit (19.4), it's very light on system resources.

2024-03-14_21-15-57.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.