Best Web Browser (Lightest and Fastest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Sometime today, I am going to install! Any suggestion on what extension to Add-ons?;)
Can you import browser setting?

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Does Slimjet actually stays up to date with the latest current version of chrome?
Also, does Slimjet"stealing your privacy" And spy on you? Like Chrome?
Just trying to get a better feel for Slimjet Browser!

Thanks!

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
If you like to carry tabs from session to session you need to stay away from the Chromium family browsers--they can't handle very many tabs--and choose a Gecko family browser. I think the best is Pale Moon.

A good Gecko family browser can handle 200 tabs better than a Chromium browser can handle two dozen tabs.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Pale Moon for me. I had a short run with Opera, but it is way less stable. Pale Moon's UI even feels just as comfortable as Chrome-based browsers' UIs when opening/closing many tabs -- actually more comfortable because of its stability and speed.

l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
If you like to carry tabs from session to session you need to stay away from the Chromium family browsers--they can't handle very many tabs--and choose a Gecko family browser. I think the best is Pale Moon.

A good Gecko family browser can handle 200 tabs better than a Chromium browser can handle two dozen tabs.
oh thats new for me, heard Slimjet could probobly handle better :p

D

Deleted member 178

what are the differences of the new Opera with Chrome/chromium; by this i mean speed/resources usage/security/addons

i remember Opera is not the best for their addons collection.

who open 200 tabs at same time?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
oh thats new for me, heard Slimjet could probobly handle better :p

Nah, Slimjet like all the Chromium browers is not in the same league with Gecko browsers in being able to handle accumulating tabs.

who open 200 tabs at same time?!

I've done it. :D 8 or 9 Malware Tips tabs, maybe a dozen tabs of Major Geeks downloads I want to take a closer look at, tabs from numerous other computer sites, half a dozen YouTube videos, a dozen politics tabs, tabs with journal abstracts, a few sports tabs, updating maps of the civil wars in Iraq and Syria, it can start adding up. But only on a Gecko browser can you get away with accumulating tabs like that.

Some people accumulate more tabs than me, and they actually get extensions to allow them to do a search through their tabs.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Sometime today, I am going to install! Any suggestion on what extension to Add-ons?

The Chrome store has some good extensions, though not nearly as many as the Mozilla store. I would get Session Buddy to ensure the browser doesn't lose your last session's tabs. You need a password manager. There's a LastPass extension.You can get a Duck Duck Go add-on.There are plenty of good security extensions, including several variants of AdBlock, some anti-script extensions, Bitdefender TrafficLight, Avira, avast!, and Advanced System Care extensions, Webutation.

I do suggest you try Pale Moon.

lol, why just not open a tab and after reading close it?

Often I don't have time to read it as carefully as it deserves when I first spot it.Some things I want to keep around, like the maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.