Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Of course it does, that's what I'm saying, the lightest (special mention to GreenBrowser also).
Fastest is a different story, it could be compared but unfortunately those browsers, like Pale Moon, are intended for the systems and hardware crafted to be much better than 32bit ones. Or those with bellow 1GB of ram

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

I wish that K-Meleon would update more often. Anybody know the latest version of K-Meleon?
And when it was last updated?

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Has anyone one here tried this Speed Browser out?
http://www.getspeedbrowser.com/

How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share the information that We collect about You, including personal information collectively, "information"), as follows:

• Affiliates. We may disclose the information We collect from You to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if We do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
  • Other Third Parties. We may disclose the information We collect about You to other third-parties for marketing, advertising, research, products and/ or other services.
  • Service Providers. We disclose the information We collect from You to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
  • Business Transfers. If We are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, We may transfer the information We have collected from You to the other company.
  • In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information We collect from You in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
  • To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information We collect from You where We believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Use Agreement or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which We are involved.
We may also share your information for other purposes, if You have granted Us consent to do so.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Strange feedback! Best Web Browser ( Lightest and Fastest) Or your point!
Any of the information could find by doing a Google search easy! Not sure of
why you copy a dis-closer? Because of the topic being "Best Web Browser ( Lightest and Fastest)"

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Because that browser could achieve 0 seconds page loading speed and I would not use it. In a technical sense, I can understand your point. What browser is fastest without regard to any other considerations. But for someone actually looking for an acceptable browser that is fast, my information will be useful.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
@Paul B. I like what you stated here:
But for someone actually looking for an acceptable browser that is fast

Emphasis on acceptable. In my opinion a browser should be fast but have these 4 things:

1. Support for the latest web technologies. Ex: HTML5
  2. Security - a browser that can to some extend prevent infection by simply blocking some web pages or malicious files when downloaded (like Firefox and Chrome do).
  3. No bloat. Nothing unnecessary installed that isn't part of the browser itself. Ex: Firefox is putting Pocket add on into it's code so you can't simply delete it.
  4. Decent level of privacy when it comes to data collection. Data collection if fine if anonymous or if in light amounts that are benefical to future browser update. Ex: Reporting crashes without identifying the user. Identifying the user DOES NOT help them improve the browser. It's fine if they take hardware configuration data, not your IP address, etc.

A browser can be fast, but that could mean it is too striped down and therefore can't support the latest web technologies efficiently, etc. You'd want a fast browser, but reliability comes first.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I agree with that, @OokamiCreed. I can see both sides. It's ok to discuss which browser is faster in technical terms. But we ought to disclose the downsides as well, lest anyone walk into a privacy trap. That browser above doesn't even have a support forum. Email support only. Which only gives them more info.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

In post # 67.
What about Deepnet Explorer? Any thoughts and/or opinions?

Also, the last link on the Fastest Browser. Any thoughts and/or opinions?

@Sr. Normal Thank you for your feedback and your post in #72!

Appreciate the feedback!

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.