Best Web Browser (Lightest and Fastest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
Obviously, K-Meleon is the lightest among modern ones (last build is even more lightweight). Fastest? Well, it starts times faster than FF or IE, and it's surely faster than Chrome when it comes to low-end PCs with a less RAM. Chrome just eats all RAM and slowdowns the whole PC while KM still can open a triple set of tabs ;-)
screenshot_13.png

NB! All browsers were counted with their Flash-container processes if any created separately.

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
You can repeat my test with any set of pages under Win XP - Win 7.

Under Win 8-8.1 KM sometimes could be a little heavier than Firefox and old Opera presto - but I wasn't able to test latest release and newest beta under 8. They should be lightest everywhere.

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and darko999

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Tried comodo dragon, slim jet was pretty good, but there were problems with all of these, firefox had also some issues regarding unresponsive issues, I'd to get back to my favorite chrome!
Fast, Stable, but not light, for lighter experience opera can be the best.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Fell free to repeat this test by yourself with any set of browsers and pages.
I'm quite happy with Chrome. My point is that there are new tests...like the one that features Edge. I'm curious how Edge will do after they actually give it features. ;)

Besides, the purpose of a browser is to display content, not make my RAM useless by not using it.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Rcentely, I made an extensive testing for every single browsers on the internet (28 Browsers) to figure out which is best for everyday's usage...

I tried (Mozilla Firefox, Cyberfox, Pale Moon, Comodo IceDragon, Google Chrome, Comodo Dragon, Maxthon, Maxthon Nitro, Opera, Safari,
Vivaldi, SRWare IRON, Torch Browser, Baidu Browser, Baidu Spark Security Browser, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Cent Browser, 360 Browser, K-Meleon, Tor Browser, Waterfox,
Epic Browser,
7 Star Browser, Yandex Browser, Avant Ultimate, Avant( IE engine) and
Slimjet x64
).
But I finally settled with Slimjet x64:) I will never ever leave it and has earned the honor of being my default browser :D

Why? because Slimjet x64 is fastest and the best one among all of them...(yes, even better than Google Chrome).
Slimjet x64 causes no problems at all and my work efficiency has definitely increased. I can keep tons of tabs open and it would never ever freeze or crash. Compatible to all Google Chrome extensions and in built awesome add-ons like Ad blocker, photo compression, pdf creator and plus it is very secure. When i started using Slimjet x64, I actually could spot the flaws in other browsers. Slimjet x64 is fastest, best and I can customize it according to my use.

Pros
- Lightening fast browser and in my tests, page rendering is alot faster than any other 27 Browsers.
- OMG! for the first time in my life, I can easily watched a number of Youtube videos without any single lagging
(even using bad internet connection).
- Fast (startup process as well as browsing).
- Does everything better than so called Big Browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Works well with Google Chrome extensions.
- Has a number of amazing built-in features like Download accelerator, easy Youtube video downloader.
- Works very very well with No crash, No freezing issue.
- No unnecessary options and can be easily customized.
- Integrated Ad Blocker.
- Secure and Private.

Cons
Nothing really. I have encountered 0 problems with Slimjet x64 yet.

Download It!
Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Rcentely, I made an extensive testing for every single browsers on the internet (28 Browsers) to figure out which is best for everyday's usage...

Interesting, I have only tried 32 bit SlimJet not 64. It's pretty quick alright, but RAM consuming compared to some others. I'm surprised you had problem with these four,
Safari
Avant IE
K-meleon
Cent

All these windows versions proved very fast and light... Safari obviously because its from 2012, plays youtube with no skip on high quality settings.

Here's some of my RAM and Processor numbers for 32 bit browsers all with same 1 youtube video playing on 360 quality. 1 tab and no add ons.

RAM (Average #) / CPU (Peak % recorded)

-Heavy-

Sleipnir - 400,000 / 90%

SlimJet - 352,000 / 85%
Chrome - 313,000 / 64%

-Medium-

Cent - 278,000 / 67%

Otter Browser - 230,000 / 95%

-Light-

Firefox - 175,000 / 65%
Ice Dragon - 186,000 / 55%
Avant - 146,000 / 60%

Last edited:

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

I tried (Mozilla Firefox, Cyberfox, Pale Moon, Comodo IceDragon, Google Chrome, Comodo Dragon, Maxthon, Maxthon Nitro, Opera, Safari,
Vivaldi, SRWare IRON, Torch Browser, Baidu Browser, Baidu Spark Security Browser, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Cent Browser, 360 Browser, K-Meleon, Tor Browser, Waterfox,
Epic Browser,
7 Star Browser, Yandex Browser, Avant Ultimate, Avant( IE engine) and
Slimjet x64
).
But I finally settled with Slimjet x64:) I will never ever leave it and has earned the honor of being my default browser :D

Why? because Slimjet x64 is fastest and the best one among all of them...(yes, even better than Google Chrome).
Slimjet x64 causes no problems at all and my work efficiency has definitely increased. I can keep tons of tabs open and it would never ever freeze or crash. Compatible to all Google Chrome extensions and in built awesome add-ons like Ad blocker, photo compression, pdf creator and plus it is very secure. When i started using Slimjet x64, I actually could spot the flaws in other browsers. Slimjet x64 is fastest, best and I can customize it according to my use.

Pros
- Lightening fast browser and in my tests, page rendering is alot faster than any other 27 Browsers.
- OMG! for the first time in my life, I can easily watched a number of Youtube videos without any single lagging
(even using bad internet connection).
- Fast (startup process as well as browsing).
- Does everything better than so called Big Browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Works well with Google Chrome extensions.
- Has a number of amazing built-in features like Download accelerator, easy Youtube video downloader.
- Works very very well with No crash, No freezing issue.
- No unnecessary options and can be easily customized.
- Integrated Ad Blocker.
- Secure and Private.

Cons
Nothing really. I have encountered 0 problems with Slimjet x64 yet.

Download It!
Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version

These results are pointless.Which computers were they tested on.?Just one or which figure.
Unless every config and processor was tested then this is meaningless.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Slimjet x64 on my machine only uses 11% more ram with browser open over closed to a total of 33% total ram.

Reactions: Sr. Normal and Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.