Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
No offence Moose but an app/service like OPS seems to have access to all the apps you use on a phone and knows what it is for. ( Or at least knows what category it is in. ) That could be a form of market research as well?

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Morro,

I agree with you,150% that is why I install on my PC. Run a check and then un-install with the first 15 min's .
Then wait a month and/or 2 month. And the same thing?;)

Reactions: Morro and vnoctober

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Morro,

I agree with you,150% that is why I install on my PC. Run a check and then un-install with the first 15 min's .
Then wait a month and/or 2 month. And the same thing?;)

Very good practice. :)

Reactions: Moose

Lee Jr

May 18, 2014
For me, Pale Moon has been the best overall browser that I have yet found. I've not been having much success with either IE or Chrome types. I decided to try it based on posts by many of you more experienced users.

Blitz

Jan 27, 2015
Maybe somebody knows what is the fastest browser for old pc? I installed google chrome, firefox, opera... but they goes very slow, maybe there is some settings for performance? I tried kmelion browser, it's have old look, but realy fast, i can watch youtube without lags. There is any browser faster and better than kmelion?

Reactions: JakeXPMan and Moose
Y

yigido

Maybe somebody knows what is the fastest browser for old pc? I installed google chrome, firefox, opera... but they goes very slow, maybe there is some settings for performance? I tried kmelion browser, it's have old look, but realy fast, i can watch youtube without lags. There is any browser faster and better than kmelion?
If it will get update, I can suggest you Comodo IceDragon. It is very light and fast browser.(even with the old core)
This was one of my favorite browser, its core is so old now..When it will get update, you can think about it. It's appearance is so good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MalwareT

360 Browser,very light,has built-in adblocker and it doesn't use more than 100 MB (depends on tabs).

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

The "old" Opera version 12.15 (Presto Engine), however ...it is no longer updated, past 12.17 :(

That was my favorite... *sigh*

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
The "old" Opera version 12.15 (Presto Engine), however ...it is no longer updated, past 12.17 :(

That was my favorite... *sigh*
I too like the version 12.15 and 12.17 :) I have the portable version version of 12.17 but as mentioned is not updated. In Opera 27 the speed for me is superb but it's not like the old Opera...it's a whole new one that confuses me...fastest for me as of the moment is Chrome.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Y

yigido

I too like the version 12.15 and 12.17 :) I have the portable version version of 12.17 but as mentioned is not updated. In Opera 27 the speed for me is superb but it's not like the old Opera...it's a whole new one that confuses me...fastest for me as of the moment is Chrome.
Actually Opera 2X versions are faster than Chromium, it is my experience. Opera is really fast, I cannot expect more from presto 12.17. Some page loads broken with this browser, Opera Saoftware did not tell but it is discontinued!

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Actually Opera 2X versions are faster than Chromium, it is my experience. Opera is really fast, I cannot expect more from presto 12.17. Some page loads broken with this browser, Opera Saoftware did not tell but it is discontinued!

Yes it does load broken often that is why earlier I decided to try and install Opera 27 but WOW got confused outrightly...still trying to learn it but it's FAST. I voted for Chrome because the ease of use is important to me(though I believe that it's just a matter of time till I get the tips I need to be hooked on Opera 27).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.