Bitdefender 2020 Released

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I actually uninstalled my BD trial because it started creating files in C/Windows/Debug and flagging those as malware, there is also a file called PASSWD.log that got filled with samchangepassworduser2 each time I turn on my laptop. Uninstalling BD just cleared those and PASSWD.log is always empty, maybe BD creating fake warnings to make users think the product is actively protecting them?.

Do you have BD Total Security or Internet Security? I wonder if the password vulnerability monitoring is doing this. I turned that off when I installed. I don’t want BD bloated add ons.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
This is why I like the Safe Files module. It can help in the case of ransomware. Though the tests are a worst case scenario. They probably have the best web filtering at this point. In which case you probably won’t be executing these malware on your system. Bypassing the best aspect of the protection does give only a partial view, but it’s clear their signatures are not as good as they used to be. Which is sad, because if they improved in this area they would be arguably the best solution.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
This is why I like the Safe Files module. It can help in the case of ransomware. Though the tests are a worst case scenario. They probably have the best web filtering at this point. In which case you probably won’t be executing these malware on your system. Bypassing the best aspect of the protection does give only a partial view, but it’s clear their signatures are not as good as they used to be. Which is sad, because if they improved in this area they would be arguably the best solution.
Same time the tests. Kaspersky engine

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Same time the tests. Kaspersky engine
Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s the best. And others outperform in on system testing.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Is Windows Defender still running sandboxed in 2004?
NO, I think

1589824304706.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
everyone has it and it's empty by default, the problem is that with BD installed, weird things start to appear there
I should have stated I have a populated file. It has all those attempts to change in it. I believe it is related to the vulnerability scanner. Despite turning checking system passwords off it still seems to perform the check every time you log into the machine. For all users. Strangely there's a user on there from a different computer that also has BD.

Reactions: Protomartyr

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
I should have stated I have a populated file. It has all those attempts to change in it. I believe it is related to the vulnerability scanner. Despite turning checking system passwords off it still seems to perform the check every time you log into the machine. For all users. Strangely there's a user on there from a different computer that also has BD.
you have an un user account without a password set?

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.