Bitdefender 2021 released

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
I disagree with you, this bug has not been fixed yet in this version 2021 at least for me, I just tested it here on my machine. The way to work is to do it manually as I said in the post above, by Chrome://flags and disabling the QUIC Protocol.
It is fixed yes, the problem is with you, not in Bitdefender, I did not have to disable any QUIC protocol, working here in a standard way.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
I just made tests with the new version and practically nothing has changed, detection of pups, which is the great weakness of the product, they did nothing about it, the mechanism is still gigantic and heavy, I think it only changed the interface, while not changing anything relevant will remain inferior to kaspersky

I have no hope of improving bitdefender, everything looks the same every time, I think just by changing the mechanism and starting from scratch. which I find very difficult. now it is waiting for Avira and Eset to update their products and hope for a behavior detector because otherwise they are excellent, especially Avira. Kaspersky without comments is already the best on the market.

G

Guilhermesene

[CITAÇÃO = "Mariihh, post: 895921, membro: 71283"]
Foi corrigido sim, o problema está com você, não no Bitdefender, não precisei desativar nenhum protocolo QUIC, trabalhando aqui de maneira padrão.
[/CITAR]

Funny the problem is with me, but I formatted the machine twice and installed Bitdefender directly from the Bitdefender central and the problem continues, but anyway I will not stay here discussing it, you are right then

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I just made tests with the new version and practically nothing has changed, detection of pups, which is the great weakness of the product, they did nothing about it, the mechanism is still gigantic and heavy, I think it only changed the interface, while not changing anything relevant will remain inferior to kaspersky

I have no hope of improving bitdefender, everything looks the same every time, I think just by changing the mechanism and starting from scratch. which I find very difficult. now it is waiting for Avira and Eset to update their products and hope for a behavior detector because otherwise they are excellent, especially Avira. Kaspersky without comments is already the best on the market.
I think you are overreacting.

Bitdefender improved a lot inside from years ago, and, at least on my systems, I feel it lighter than Kaspersky, especially browsing.

Last edited:

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
I think you are overreacting.

Bitdefender improved a lot inside from years ago, and, at least on my systems, I feel it lighter than Kaspersky, especially browsing.
it is not an exaggeration, it is the reality, bitdefender just optimized the mechanism that remains very heavy and gigantic, there were no improvements where it really needed to evolve

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How dare Bitdefender has the courage to use 1,5 % of my system total RAM? It is totally unacceptable, everyone knows that unutilized RAM is good RAM, right guys?

On a serious note:

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I would say most major vendors have equivalent protection so use the one that does not slow down your machine, that has an interface you find simple and has the better price.

There is malware that will go through any product. The fact that A blocks malware X and B doesn't does not make A better than B. If you look for it, you'll find a malware that is detected by B and not A.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.