Bitdefender 2021 released

G

Guilhermesene

I would say most major vendors have equivalent protection so use the one that does not slow down your machine, that has an interface you find simple and has the better price.

There is malware that will go through any product. The fact that A blocks malware X and B doesn't does not make A better than B. If you look for it, you'll find a malware that is detected by B and not A.

I liked that logic you said and I will do what you said, although I like ESET very much, I think I’m going to use Bitdefender because it doesn’t slow down my machine and doesn’t slow down navigation. It will be hard to leave ESET kkkk

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Have you guys read that on product page?

Bitdefender’s multi-layered approach against ransomware includes a data-protection layer that safeguards your documents, pictures, videos and music against all kinds of ransomware attacks. It works with the Advanced Threat Defense module to protect your most important files from encryption by ransomware.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Am I the only one experiencing bugs at Discord? The microphone doesn't work with Bitdefender installed.

Didn't try to turn off microphone/webcam protection yet.

Edit: It's fine, my bad.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Am I the only one experiencing bugs at Discord? The microphone doesn't work with Bitdefender installed.

Didn't try to turn off microphone/webcam protection yet.

It works fine here, Bitdefender didnt even notify about Discord acessing the microphone because of the cloud reputation.

Sem título.jpg

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Tried it out. Seems fine, not too different than 2020. Still goes into game mode when Epic Games launcher, or Battlenet are launched. Oh well. I’m on the fence between this or just sticking with WD and no HTTPS/TLS scanning.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Some of you already know this I think. But anyway, I noticed this in one of the emails from Bitdefender. So, Bitdefender won't be releasing a new update with new features every year like many do. Instead they'll keep adding new features and changes whenever it's ready. Some other like Norton, ESET, F-Secure, etc already does this. This is better I think. No need to wait for a whole year for new feature updates.
This is the way (y)
Screenshot_20200923-093406~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
From Kaspersky lover to Bitdefender users: ;)

How To Get Bitdefender Total Security For Free | 4 Month

1- Open incoginition mode

2 - Connect VPN To Usa / Canda

3- Open This Promo: Bitdefender 120 Days FREE Trial - Work from Home Campaign

4 - Fill Email And Captcha

5 -Your free Trail activate for 4 months

Note: if promopage not working just change browser and restart vpn.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you don't to want to use the VPN, use this link and get it for 3 months Free: Tough on threats, light on your system

1600902951440.png

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The only thing preventing me from switching to Bitdefender is their Documents protection. It really needs automatic white listing. During the period I tested it on my personal computer it blocked Calibre's access to its library, corrupting it and making me lose all my book annotations. Fortunately, I had a recent backup. It also blocked all games I tested from writing to the Documents folder causing an initial crash and loss of everything I did in the game.

Now imagine if I have to manually authorize every game my older son installs and uninstalls to save in Documents Folder. Notice that none of the games blocked were new. We're talking about games like Skyrim, for instance.

I could, of course, disable it but then what's the point of even having it in place?

The day they announce they have added an automated white listing to this feature; I will certainly consider switching as I had a very positive experience with it.

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
Bitdefender has really done it in this version!
It's one of the lightest security suites I've tried recently.
It seems their approach has changed! They stopped throwing redundant features on a product that was long plagued with bugs and instead they've trimmed it down and polished the product! They've even polished their Bitdefender Central! And It's really handy.
It's Bugdefender NO MORE.
Also recently they've added dark mode - and it looks good. Though the UI is not exactly to my taste.

Now it'll be great if they could add some advanced features -application control?- and granular controls geared towards enthusiasts and advanced users!
But hey that's the premise of Bitdefender - set and forget ! And I think it's the best out of the box for novice users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.