Bitdefender 2021 released

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Bitdefender has really done it in this version!
It's one of the lightest security suites I've tried recently.
It seems their approach has changed! They stopped throwing redundant features on a product that was long plagued with bugs and instead they've trimmed it down and polished the product! They've even polished their Bitdefender Central! And It's really handy.
It's Bugdefender NO MORE.
Also recently they've added dark mode - and it looks good. Though the UI is not exactly to my taste.

Now it'll be great if they could add some advanced features -application control?- and granular controls geared towards enthusiasts and advanced users!
But hey that's the premise of Bitdefender - set and forget ! And I think it's the best out of the box for novice users.
Dark mode? Where?

Alan Taylor

Level 1
Nov 21, 2015

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 626

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Apparently it’s on build 25.0.7.29!
I got this build after freshly installing it on my older laptop. However, on my main PC I still haven’t got that build despite forcing the update multiple times.
I got this version by doing a reinstall (Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Bitdefender Internet Security and choose reinstall). I love the new black mode.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
So I decided to revisit Bitdefender and shockingly they still have not fixed the annoying popups and the stupid automatic profile "feature", what they are thinking?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
So I decided to revisit Bitdefender and shockingly they still have not fixed the annoying popups and the stupid automatic profile "feature", what they are thinking?

It’s odd, I had just run Bitdefender for a while and didn’t see any. They seem not to know what causes a lot of the small issues. But, I also couldn’t get auto profiles to work for a lot of games. So I just turned it off. The performance difference was very small. It definitely still needs work. I also wish it wouldn’t default to changing your power plan settings (I always forget to turn that off before testing). I’m pretty sure they change something in the registry that doesn’t get set right when you uninstall.

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
honestly, I've been testing bitdefender this entire month, and if you have spare ram I have 16 GB, nor will you notice that it is in the computer, since it does not consume cpu or disk, so in general if you meet the first requirement, in the games and demanding things I have not noticed a negative impact.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

I don't know what about you guys, but I don't trust Bitdefender, still. I'll wait until RAM Usage update to make it more smaller, because it's on ClamWin / ClamAV level.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.