Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.2.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it's like Bitdefender Free AV has serious business at all.

Windows 10 support announced, continuous improved AVC, simple and effective cloud so what else?

Yes Auto-Pilot based is what something should aware by many users, cause some alerts of Bitdefender are not appearing but rather recorded already through logs.

H

hjlbx

I don't 70 MB is a lot if you have 4 GB of RAM on your pc.
Anyway when i used BD free a few months ago it was using only 20-30 MB.

I suspect it calms down after a few minutes to that memory use range. RAM usage seems to be a step-down, e.g. 180 > 70 > 30.

Background scan runs at lowest process priority - so should perform just like previous versions.

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I suspect it calms down after a few minutes to that memory use range. RAM usage seems to be a step-down, e.g. 180 > 70 > 30.

Background scan runs at lowest process priority - so should perform just like previous versions.
About you are right. After a few minutes Ram goes down to 20-30 MB.
About background scans i didn't know that but it's nice to hear that are running to lowest priority.
I want to ask you a question.
Because this constant scanning sometimes it's slowing my browsing can it be stopped or it's automatic and runs all the time?

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

About you are right. After a few minutes Ram goes down to 20-30 MB.
About background scans i didn't know that but it's nice to hear that are running to lowest priority.
I want to ask you a question.
Because this constant scanning sometimes it's slowing my browsing can it be stopped or it's automatic and runs all the time?

The low-priority scan should not affect your browser speed.

It is most likely due to the BDAV Free's HTTP scanning - which has been an issue for some BD users with all BD products. It is nothing new...

I would submit a report to BD about it.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@hjlbx thank you for your information.
I think you are right HTTP scanning is causing the slow browsing.
I also thank you for your report to BD.

H

hjlbx

@hjlbx thank you for your information.
I think you are right HTTP scanning is causing the slow browsing.
I also thank you for your report to BD.

I did not submit report to BD about HTTP scanning; I suggested you might consider submitting a report using Settings > Submit Bug.

Anyway... BD has known and dealt with the HTTP scanning slowing down browsing issue for a long time now.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't think this beta free version does a full scan of the file system when system is at idle, even though the old free version did that.
If it was doing such a scan, it should have put a bunch of my files in quarantine by now.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

The link seems to be THIS one BTW. ;) I am also going for a test of it. Downloaded Bitdefender Free the old version 3 days ago on Win 10 and it started quarantining DNX (dot net executable) runtime files and Visual Studio and almost all of my other apps could not open. The irony is that the restore button in the quarantine did not work but guess what... the ones for permanent removal and opening the folder did. System restore saved the day, but i couldn't finish my projects in time. Let's hope (and help) this one will become better.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I had problems of high RAM usage. Not only for bitdefender processes. my total RAM usage went up significantly.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

When protection is on cmd.exe, explorer.exe and almost any other app don't open with a "Server execution failed". Reported. Does anyone else have this problem?

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
update
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.2.12 Beta

original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.