Not open for further replies.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

A new Bitdefender Free 2016 product update has been released with the following details:

Platform: x86, x64

Version: 1.0.2.21

This version fixes the following issues:
  • Boot delay on Windows 7
  • Rare crash during authentication
The following improvements were included:
  • Progress bar motion for the download and install steps
  • Detection of other Bitdefender products during install
  • Added character criteria for e-mail validation
  • System requirements detection for Windows 7 SP 1
  • Added uninstall survey for feedback when removing the product
  • Main minifilter no longer requires restart for removal upon uninstall
Antivirus Free 2016 Changelog - Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition - Bitdefender Forum

With best Regards
Mops21

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Recently installed noticed ram intensive to a product free, as bitdefender usually learn with time, I'm going to wait a few more days, otherwise it is preferable internet security that consumes around 130 ~ 200 MB.

PS: I don't like programs that consume more than 100 MB ram, because I only have 4 GB ram.

Sorry, my english is not good

bitdefender.jpg

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Recently installed noticed ram intensive to a product free, as bitdefender usually learn with time, I'm going to wait a few more days, otherwise it is preferable internet security that consumes around 130 ~ 200 MB.

PS: I don't like programs that consume more than 100 MB ram, because I only have 4 GB ram.

Sorry, my english is not good

View attachment 113448
can you take a picture of it in Resource monitor or process explorer?
I would like to see hoe much it consumes in "Commit" and "Working Set"
if they shows high numbers, it is definitely not great

Reactions: Logethica

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
It's very strange. When i used BD Free a few months before RAM usage was lower about 70 MB.
But that was on my system.
Maybe when it comes out of beta RAM usage will be lower, i hope.
If i have the time this week i will give it a try under Shadow Defender.

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
For me the BD Free beta takes 90Mb ram in total, installed it yesterday and it's working very smoothly so far. No noticeable slowdowns or bugs and the startup is faster when compared to my previous AV Avira.

Edit: It's down to 50MB now.

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
The new Bitdefender 2016 Free Beta seems promising. After initial few hours of usage the memory usage came down to under 70mb and the system is overall responsive. One major short coming that I found with the new Bitdefender 2016 Free Beta is the lack of option to do a Full System Scan which is a basic feature with every anti virus even present inside 90's anti virus software. Other than that Bitdefender 2016 Free is truly set it and forget approach.

Y

yigido

The new Bitdefender 2016 Free Beta seems promising. After initial few hours of usage the memory usage came down to under 70mb and the system is overall responsive. One major short coming that I found with the new Bitdefender 2016 Free Beta is the lack of option to do a Full System Scan which is a basic feature with every anti virus even present inside 90's anti virus software. Other than that Bitdefender 2016 Free is truly set it and forget approach.
The previous version is harder to use while considering 2016 release :D
Drag&Drop all your driver into interface for full scan :D

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
The previous version is harder to use while considering 2016 release :D
Drag&Drop all your driver into interface for full scan :D

Drag and Drop scans drives but the software doesn't scan memory, registry, startup files etc which are usually included with a Full System Scan profile o_O It is not that big of a concern for me because I use other On-demand anti malware scans on a regular basis for a time pass ;)

Reactions: yigido

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Reactions: Kuttz

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
@Mops21 Thank you for the information:) I just reinstalled bit-defender free 2016 Beta. Initially the version was at 1.0.3.6 later it got updated to 1.0.3.7 as you said. A promising free anti virus software the only negative about the software is its lack of "Full System Scan" feature otherwise a solid free anti virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.