Bitdefender End of Life Announcement for Safe Files, File Vault, Startup Optimizer, Disk Cleanup & Rescue CD

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I like Safe Files, although can get a lot of FPs mainly for Steam games. BD has remediation restoring encrypted files like Kaspersky SW.

I think I'm gonna give another chance for Bitdefender, I liked when I tried and their coding process is noticeably getting better. Plus it doesn't annoy you since is automated and has game/work profiles.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I like Safe Files, although can get a lot of FPs mainly for Steam games. BD has remediation restoring encrypted files like Kaspersky SW.

I think I'm gonna give another chance for Bitdefender, I liked when I tried and their coding process is noticeably getting better. Plus it doesn't annoy you since is automated and has game/work profiles.
I put it on my gaming machine again for the long term. The exceptions for safe files are a bit more straightforward than Controlled Folders in Microsoft Defender, at least to me. I like it too.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Screenshot_20200622-094310.png

They're making me anxious.

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
I would like that in the 2021 version of Bitdefender to do some optimizations around the UI, it opens a bit hard from the system tray icon and the menus are a bit laggy.. in the Free version the UI is very fluid and opens instantly when you enter it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.