BitDefender vs Norton with MB, SAS and Zemana

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
when you work on an IT you need to test things, when you have 150 pc and 120 users you will probably have more experience than an average user that sit in front of a pc and gives advices. am just sharing my experience

I have tested Revo enough for the purpose I use it, and I haven't had any issues for many years. It has nothing to do with 1000+ computer tests, I only need my own testing.

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Your experience with revo uninstaller does not justify you telling people don't use it,IT or not,I've been using revo pro for years & my friends & we haven't had anything bad happen. Revo PRO Uninstaller calls for the default uninstaller that come with the program then it ask you to scan for leftovers,but & a big but if someone trouble setting & don't no what is the do's & don'ts then i can see them throwing the blame at revo.:)
enjoy it.

Microsoft’s official position on the use of Registry Cleaners
  1. Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners
  2. Microsoft is not responsible for issues caused by using a registry cleaning utility.
  3. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the use of a registry cleaning utility can be solved

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
enjoy it.

Microsoft’s official position on the use of Registry Cleaners
  1. Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners
  2. Microsoft is not responsible for issues caused by using a registry cleaning utility.
  3. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the use of a registry cleaning utility can be solved
That's pointless, there are a lot of cleaning suites including reg cleaners with microsoft partner's seal, also microsoft updates have make windows unstable, unsable, crashes, and a lot of issues. Microsoft is the less prepared to say things like that lol.
Just keep your advice for you, here over the forums tons of people use reg cleaner and third party unistallers with no issues, chances of issues exists for every software you run anyway, so focusing on these mentioned above is pointless.
Also Revo shows what keys are about to be deleted, and these keys are unchecked by default, so you have to check them, if you delete something you gotta know what it is.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Just keep your advice for you,
why? we are here to share our opinions. i am not telling anyone what to do am just advising. you can take it or leave it.
so you can share your opinion and i can't? why? you think you know better? maybe. still its an open forum and we can share our opinions.;

Reactions: frogboy

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
why? we are here to share our opinions. i am not telling anyone what to do am just advising. you can take it or leave it.
so you can share your opinion and i can't? why? you think you know better? maybe. still its an open forum and we can share our opinions.;
Didn't mean that, your comments looks like making people avoid revo unistaller, just that.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Your experience with revo uninstaller does not justify you telling people don't use it,IT or not,I've been using revo pro for years & my friends & we haven't had anything bad happen. Revo PRO Uninstaller calls for the default uninstaller that come with the program then it ask you to scan for leftovers,but & a big but if someone trouble setting & don't no what is the do's & don'ts then i can see them throwing the blame at revo.:)
just to see your level of knowledge please cast your vote here

thx terry

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
just to see your level of knowledge please cast your vote here

thx terry
I don't see how that have anything to do with knowledge, I don't run Quihoo on any of my machines, my brother does, I installed it for him. But the last time I checked it on the windows task manager was using less than 50MB, it was a month ago, so I don't know which version it was, and what version quihoo is running on nowadays. He hasn't had any issues so far so I've been away from hes computer lol.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I don't see how that have anything to do with knowledge, I don't run Quihoo on any of my machines, my brother does, I installed it for him. But the last time I checked it on the windows task manager was using less than 50MB, it was a month ago, so I don't know which version it was, and what version quihoo is running on nowadays. He hasn't had any issues so far so I've been away from hes computer lol.
thats what i thought, but was wrong. please share and i will upload a video to prove it.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
thats what i thought, but was wrong. please share and i will upload a video to prove it.
I still don't get it where this is going. As I said, it was a month ago or so, it was more than a process but together didn't pass 50MB, if it has some hidden process runing or services that use additional ram it was still irrelevant in my case, since the overall memory usage while running quihoo was lower than ESET and others I installed for him. He only runs 4gb ram on a 64bits machine, and plays WoW. So quihoo was the choosen one that time.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I still don't get it where this is going. As I said, it was a month ago or so, it was more than on process but together didn't pass 50MB, if it has some hidden process runing or services that use additional ram it was still irrelevant in my case, since the overall memory usage while runing quihoo was lower than ESET and others I installed for him. He only runs 4gb ram on a 64bits machine, and plays WoW. So quihoo was the choosen one that time.
no prob bro as you want

Reactions: darko999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.