Bleachbit vs CCleaner

Compare list
Bleachbit [URL='https://www.bleachbit.org/']Clean Your System and Free Disk Space | BleachBit[/URL]
CCleaner [URL='https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner']CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free![/URL]
In-depth Comparison

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I use CCleaner with CCEnhancer (unofficial add-on) that enables support for more programs.

CCleaner used to be just a simple and reliable cleaner but has been adding extra features or trying to bundle software that I don't need.

Some things I do:
  • I usually get the slim installer from the builds page instead of the main page. The portable installer is also on that page if you prefer that version.
  • Block CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe from phoning home in Windows firewall.
  • Delete CCUpdate.exe which is the emergency updater for the program. It has the tendency to trip Windows Controlled Folder Access feature so I deleted the updater to stop getting notifications that it was blocked. I use SUMo (Software Update Monitor) to keep my programs up to date anyways so I don't need the updater from CCleaner.
  • Disable any monitoring in the Monitoring tab under settings. I don't need it or want it running in the background.
use the portable version, you don't need cleaners to be installed.

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
I use CCleaner Portable.
With rules written by me for the browser and for the email client:

Bleachbit doesn't start on my pc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.