Question Block Native Tracking in Windows using Kaspersky

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Allego

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
Hi. Is it possible to block some domains known for telemetry using Kaspersky? I know editing the hosts file is not recommended and doesn't work anymore. I have a paid NextDNS but I prefer to use it only in the browser level because I use a VPN and I don't want to mess it settings.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, it is possible to block domains associated with telemetry using Kaspersky. Kaspersky offers a feature called "Web Anti-Virus" that can block specific domains or categories of domains. To block telemetry domains, you can add those domains to the block list in the "Web Anti-Virus" settings. This way, Kaspersky will prevent your computer from connecting to those domains and sending telemetry data.

• Sad
Reactions: [correlate]

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It's possible but not how the Bot says.
I assume you're using Kaspersky paid version, right? Then in Firewall you'll have to create your own rule and put these IPs into the designated section to block them by Kaspersky's Firewall.
I tried it in Kaspersky and ESET about 3-4 years ago for testing and it worked at that time.
As I don't use it personally, I have no idea how effective these are or if they have any false positives.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I meant via Web Anti-Virus Module... it can be done via Firewall, but probably very tedious...

1697643609795.png

Allego

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
It's possible but not how the Bot says.
I assume you're using Kaspersky paid version, right? Then in Firewall you'll have to create your own rule and put these IPs into the designated section to block them by Kaspersky's Firewall.
I tried it in Kaspersky and ESET about 3-4 years ago for testing and it worked at that time.
As I don't use it personally, I have no idea how effective these are or if they have any false positives.
sweet! Thanks. I need to convert the domain names to IPs then. I tried searching "domain name to IP" wonder if those sites are accurate in converting.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
sweet! Thanks. I need to convert the domain names to IPs then. I tried searching "domain name to IP" wonder if those sites are accurate in converting.
I don't know much about that. But those domains probably could have multiple IP addresses.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.