Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Hey guys,
My laptop has been acting weird here lately, once I get everything I use installed very soon after at boot up after I type my pw, it takes forever to load and sometimes won't (10 min later still a black screen)
so i'm pi$$ed to say the least, what could the problem be? hardware or software?

I'm trying to rule out software so for the heck of it i'm trying windows firewall for the first time (believe it or not) and I have a couple questions...#1 Is default secure enough or do I need to tweak some settings?
#2 As far as utorrent goes, do I need to put my port i'm using somewhere in the settings or no?

It automatically allowed utorrent both tcp and udp (both incoming)

Thanks for any help

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
but why not right away after the installation of Windows...weird
to me it seems that he is having an overheat issue(not sure though)
when more applications are getting installed the CPU is processing more during load and getting over heated
may that's the reason...

Upvote 0

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
madyrocksin said:
i think indeed you have a hardware issue
check this :
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3567.event-id-18-microsoft-windows-whea-logger.aspx

User Action:

- Update the BIOS and the drivers for the motherboard chipset.
- Update all the hardware drivers, if updates are available from your manufacturer.
- Check the temperature inside the computer to make sure your processor and related peripherals are not overheating.
- Check the fan on your CPU to make sure it is properly attached to the CPU.
- If you have overclocked your CPU, reset your settings to the default settings.
- Make sure you power supply fan is working correctly

Very likely the culprit.

:D

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Everything seems to be updated and temps are normal, I guess i'll have to take it to a repair shop when I get the funds.
Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.