Brave Browser release info

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Latest Brave update: Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

No release notes at the moment. Enjoy!

Full Release Notes
  • Added the ability to opt-in to user private Brave ads for over 150 new regions. (#7817 2)
  • Added platform and build channel to ad confirmation calls. (#8100)
  • Added settings to disable top sites and Brave suggested sites in address bar autocomplete under brave://settings/appearance. (#9572)
  • Added ability to modify New Tab Page settings under brave://settings/newTab. (#8760)
  • Added support for web compatibility scriptlet injections that can modify window attributes. (#9496)
  • Added retry logic for referral program promotion code. (#7742)
  • Added P3A metric for search volume. (#8854)
  • Updated P3A metric responses for window count. (#9676)
  • Updated P3A metric responses for bookmark count. (#9634)
  • Removed content-level tip button on GitHub org pages. (#9024)
  • Fixed Brave not using OS locale and language settings as the default on Windows. (#9712)
  • Fixed incorrect or no publisher data being displayed on the rewards panel in certain cases when using Twitter. (#8289)
  • Fixed intermittent crash in confirmations. (#8535)
  • Fixed inability to enable Brave ads if regional format is set to “English (Europe)” on Windows. (#7815)
  • Fixed converted ads still being displayed in certain cases. (#9436)
  • Fixed ad notification timeout timers not being cancelled in certain cases. (#9154)
  • Fixed Brave ad campaign startAt and endAt times using local time instead of UTC. (#8933)

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave release schedule delay due to COVID 19 as per Chromium:

Expected v. 1.10.x (Chromium 83) release date June 9, 2020

Expected v. 1.11.x (Chromium 84) release date July 7, 2020 to keep in sync with Chromium

Expected v. 1.12.x (Chromium 84) release date August 4, 2020 to keep in sync with Chromium

Brave release schedule

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Tried brave again, fingerprint protection & tor support is great

But if i use brave adblocker, it blocks youtube/twitch well.....but i dont like having cookie popups

And if i use brave adblocker, sometimes its too agressive and i have to turn it off to watch content

About these pros & cons should i just stick to ublock origin like i do on other browsers and enjoy the benefits of tor + fingerprint + other core privacy improvements over firefox and other chromium forks

Edit: how i enable fanboy annoyance to block cookie pop-ups using adblock syntax on brave stable?

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
But if i use brave adblocker, it blocks youtube/twitch well.....but i dont like having cookie popups
Have you used the right-click Brave icon in Explorer? Not quite as convenient as µBO picker/zapper but it works fine.

And if i use brave adblocker, sometimes its too agressive and i have to turn it off to watch content
You may switch off Shields and "Report a broken site" directly in UI.
how i enable fanboy annoyance to block cookie pop-ups using adblock syntax on brave stable?
You cannot add filter lists to Brave except included country-specific lists. However you can add custom filters by going to --> Hamburger menu>Brave Ad Block>Custom Filters. See Adblock Plus filter cheatsheet Please post any of your fixes here on the thread.

Also, @fanboynz works for Brave and is very active on Brave Community so I encourage you to join and post. Ad block issues are usually addressed quickly there, with auto-updates every 24-48 hrs.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Have you used the right-click Brave icon in Explorer? Not quite as convenient as µBO picker/zapper but it works fine.

You may switch off Shields and "Report a broken site" directly in UI.

You cannot add filter lists to Brave except included country-specific lists. However you can add custom filters by going to --> Hamburger menu>Brave Ad Block>Custom Filters. See Adblock Plus filter cheatsheet Please post any of your fixes here on the thread.

Also, @fanboynz works for Brave and is very active on Brave Community so I encourage you to join and post. Ad block issues are usually addressed quickly.
Cheers, i try these tips...probably just stick to ublock origin since i dont use brave rewards

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Latest Brave update: Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Download Brave

Brave Desktop Release Notes V1.9.76

• Removed bookmark icon from top site tiles on the New Tab Page. (#9672)
  • Fixed notifications not working on WordPress sites. (#9064)
  • Fixed to allow cookies in first-party iframes nested inside third-party iframes when third-party cookie blocking is enabled. (#9564)
  • Fixed to allow storage in first-party iframes regardless of the relative parents of that first-party iframe. (#9105)
  • Fixed stats ping not being sent for users who updated to 1.9.72. (#9921)
  • Fixed unsuccessful login to the Binance widget after creating a new account. (#9863)

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The latest iOS version is supper buggy. Specifically it can't handle taking you to the correct links from alerts on this forum, but it acts weird in other ways too. Not sure what they did in the last update, but it's made me move back to FF for the time being.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave release update: Version 1.9.80 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Desktop
Release Notes V1.9.80
  • Fixed default setting for “Show Brave suggested sites in autocomplete suggestions” to be off under brave://settings/appearance. (#10131)

-----------------------------------------
I just got this update, and look what changed ... :D

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.