I'm using Brave over Firefox now as it seems to open web pages faster. As far as privacy goes, is there any browser that is private, I doubt it.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Have doubts; Windows still send data even after disabling all settings and applying all GP tweaks.ome lets you disable it entirely
You should definitely try Firefox but with Betterfox. May over perform Brave even. I mean it does on my gaming laptop, and I didn't even use Betterfox.I'm using Brave over Firefox now as it seems to open web pages faster. As far as privacy goes, is there any browser that is private, I doubt it.
If you use Enterprise version, then it doesn't send anything. Edge will however constantly send data, if not through its own telemetry, then for sure through SmartScreen.Have doubts; Windows still send data even after disabling all settings and applying all GP tweaks.
Any free product requires data to survive, it's like breast milk for the newborn.
W if full of leaking holes.If you use Enterprise version, then it doesn't send anything. Edge will however constantly send data, if not through its own telemetry, then for sure through SmartScreen.
Have doubts; Windows still send data even after disabling all settings and applying all GP tweaks.
Any free product requires data to survive, it's like breast milk for the newborn.
All such exhaustive measures just to minimize data collection as much as possible; blocking it entirely is remote concept.
Right.
That's why I (also) use NextDNS's native tracking protection for Windows.
Another added value of NextDNS.![]()
All such exhaustive measures just to minimize data collection as much as possible; blocking it entirely is remote concept.
I'm the same way, I know what I like and why, but am also willing to hear the other side of things of what I may be missing, then make my own choice apart from any unintentional "peer pressure" of the forum. Apologies, if I added any words you didn't implyI've said my bit in defense of Brave, so I'll let it rest. I'm not a Brave superfan or anything, but I wanted to balance out disapproving lists of criticisms and controversies that are possible for virtually any browser.
They say it's "private"; should I believe?
I was almost expecting the website or file to be flagged by Avast or F-SecureThey say it's "private"; should I believe?![]()
When was using Brave on phone, it was for few minutes daily reading some news, so cannot determine how much is battery-friendly.I've said my bit in defense of Brave, so I'll let it rest. I'm not a Brave superfan or anything, but I wanted to balance out disapproving lists of criticisms and controversies that are possible for virtually any browser.
How do you all find browsers perform for battery life on Android nowadays? AFAIK, Brave is a strong contender in this department, so I've stuck with it recently. I'm still open to possibilities.
My brain flags such websites, before any security solutionsI was almost expecting the website or file to be flagged by Avast or F-Secure![]()
Can you insert an image of your sandbox status in Vivaldi?![]()
Is this what you mean? I had no idea about that function, had to look it up. I have no idea what it can show, but I guess I will find out.
View attachment 294358
features: [
{
"enabled": true,
"name": "NetworkServiceSandbox"
},
{
"enabled": false,
"name": "RendererAppContainer"
},
{
"enabled": true,
"name": "WinSboxDisableExtensionPoint"
},
{
"enabled": true,
"name": "WinSboxZeroAppShim"
},
{
"enabled": false,
"name": "WinSboxNoFakeGdiInit"
},
{
"enabled": false,
"name": "WinSboxRestrictCoreSharingOnRenderer"
},
{
"enabled": true,
"name": "EnableCsrssLockdown"
}
]
That's the pragmatic way to view it. You have to ignore the fanboy noise on both sides and look at the actual utility. Even with the baggage, the browser has a specific use case if you configure it right.I'm the same way, I know what I like and why, but am also willing to hear the other side of things of what I may be missing, then make my own choice apart from any unintentional "peer pressure" of the forum. Apologies, if I added any words you didn't imply![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes