BraveDNS + Firewall for Android

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Notice: BraveDNS is part of Mozilla Builders MVP program.

Homepage
- bravedns - A fast, secure, configurable, private DNS + Firewall for Android.
GitHub - celzero/brave-android-app

An OpenSnitch-inspired firewall and network monitor + a pi-hole-inspired DNS over HTTPS client with blocklists. The BraveDNS app is free and open source and will remain so. BraveDNS' cloud services as our content-blocking DNS service, however, will have both a free and a paid tier.

Download - BraveDNS: Fast, private, and safe DNS + Firewall - Apps on Google Play

Features - visit links above for details (recommended)
  • App Firewall - Prevent apps from connecting to the Internet.
  • Content Blocking - Block ads, trackers, malware and more.
  • Anti-Censorship - Circumvent the most common way the Internet is censored.
  • Monitoring - Keep tabs on incoming and outgoing Internet traffic.

Coming soon
  • App Manager - Apps misuse permissions to spy: Location is tracked by ride-sharing apps even when not-in-use, for example. Use our app to auto-revoke such permissions.
  • Cloud Browser - Tracking users online is the status-quo. With a web browser that runs in the cloud, claw back your anonymity, especially when browsing random webpages.
  • VPN - State-of-the-art VPN technology to deliver unhinged, uncensorsed access to fast and safe internet to everyone everywhere, with configurable blocklists and more.

What BraveDNS is not:
  1. It is not an anonymity tool
  2. It doesn't aim to be a feature-rich traditional firewall
  3. It is not an anti-virus

---------------------------------------

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Jul 9, 2011
I just installed it on my phone. You can add your custom DNS over HTTPS. Firewall is also good but I couldn't find any option to add custom filter lists. Has anyone else find that in settings?
I am using this as well. I stumbled on it via XDA forum. To use your own firewall rules you just click on the category of programs. Then, you will be able to set a rule for each.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.