Advice Request Bright Browser?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

averagedarren

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

Whilst carrying out my monthly check for new software, on my usual sites, I came across a new browser from Hawaii called Bright Browser. Searching their site, it seems they only launched in February of this year, but was wondering if anyone had tried their browser?

Bright Browser

Thanks.

Reactions: [correlate]

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Chrome clone - first launch offers Ads - don't know if Ads come back. Bright is not, for me.
png_5133.pngpng_5134.pngpng_5135.pngpng_5136.pngpng_5137.png

averagedarren

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2019
Chrome clone - first launch offers Ads - don't know if Ads come back. Bright is not, for me.
View attachment 234851View attachment 234852View attachment 234853View attachment 234854View attachment 234855
Thanks for the quick reply, I also had a very quick look at it like you said, just another chrome clone. I just wonder if its stripped of a lot of the chrome nasties like telemetry etc. But even so there's still a good handful of better chrome based browsers.

Thanks again, hopefully one day ill find a software gem whilst doing my monthly 'new software' checks.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

If their code is same like website...

# 13 Third-party requests (Google analytics, New Relic analytics, Google fonts, Google gstatic, Google doubleclick, Google tagmanager)
# 1 third-party cookie to
nr-data.net
# Content Security Policy (CSP) header not implemented
# Session cookie set without using the Secure flag or set over HTTP
# This server does not support Forward Secrecy with the reference browsers
# Not reachable via modern internet address, or improvement possible (IPv6)
# HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) header not implemented
# PHP under 7.4.0

and more

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.