Solved BSOD when starting up Word 7 and Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Hi

Been on here recently to get help removing SMART HDD and all seemed fine. Internet surfing ok.
Just tried opening Word 7 to get a BSOD with the error message 'bad pool header' before crashing.
Tried starting up in safe mode & opening Word - this time it gave an error message 'There is insufficient memory or disc space. Word cannot display the requested font'. On clicking ok, it then crashed.

Thought I'd try the other applications to see what happens with them.

ExcelPowerpoint/Publisher/Access are all ok.

Outlook crashes (BSOD) with the error 'page fault in non page area'.

Please advise.

S

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Downloaded BlueScreenView.

For Bad_Pool_Header it gave crash address as ntoskrnl.exe+7cc80

For Page_Fault_in_non_page_area it gave crash address as ntoskrnl.exe+7cc80

s.

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Can you give us more info regarding the computer, what hardware does it have and what security software is current in use and what was before. Thanks

Upvote 0

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Hello

Windows 7 Home Premium
64 bit
Internet Explorer
MSE
Comodo with Defense+ (changed from Windows Firewall)

Malware Antimalwarebyte
Superantispyware
Hitman Pro Trial (recommended on here)
Previously on here because had Smart HDD problem and was finding that when some windows were opened only got the box, any pictures and option boxes - no writing. This was resolved when I removed google chrome.

Thanks
S.

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Siouxsiesue said:
Hello

Windows 7 Home Premium
64 bit
Internet Explorer
MSE

Malware Antimalwarebyte
Superantispyware
Previously on here because had Smart HDD problem and was finding that when some windows were opened only got the box, any pictures and option boxes - no writing. This was resolved when I removed google chrome.

Thanks
S.

Does comodo's d+ says anything? In either way add them to d+ exclusion (d+ -> d+ settings -> Execution Control Settings -> exclusion -> add )

Upvote 0

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
jamescv7 said:
Process Library

Process name: Microsoft Boot Up Kernel
Application using this process: Microsoft Windows Operating System
Process author: Microsoft
Recommended:

its stated remove any application that could affect on the BSOD.

Hello

How do I find out which applications are causing the BSOD in order to remove them?

(I ran speedupmypc on the link page - would buying this help to solve the issue? It listed loads of issues)

S. (beginner level)

Upvote 0

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Valentin N said:
Siouxsiesue said:
Hello

Windows 7 Home Premium
64 bit
Internet Explorer
MSE

Malware Antimalwarebyte
Superantispyware

Thanks
S.

Does comodo's d+ says anything? In either way add them to d+ exclusion (d+ -> d+ settings -> Execution Control Settings -> exclusion -> add )

Hello

Nothing listed under d+. Are you saying I should list the antispyware/malware programs there?

thanks

S.
(beginner)

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I just posted the information that was found on BlueScreenView.

Also that program is likely known to be controversial so remove it, the process library was useful for information.

Also is it really BSOD on that two specific programs everytime?

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Check Device Manager for any exclamation marks - drivers may need updating

How to Use Device Manager:
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/515982-how-use-device-manager-windows-7-a.html

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Siouxsiesue said:
(I ran speedupmypc on the link page - would buying this help to solve the issue? It listed loads of issues)

These Uniblue products are aggressive, and they are more like scareware, avoid them.

Have you tried to reinstall or repair the installation of the programs that are causing the BSOD?

Upvote 0

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Hello

Stopped my computer from restarting automatically on BSOD and got the stop code:

STOP 0X00000050 (0XFFFFF900C06BF000, 0X00000001, 01FFFFF96C06A23E4, 0X00000000)

I've checked the computer for any memory problems using the Windows Memory Dianostic Tool - none were detected.

Checked the drivers for !
This flagged up Bluetooth Peripheral device which could not find a driver software when searched for initially.

Also under 'hidden' flags up: SASKUTIL and SASDIFSV for Plug and Play.

Also flags up Bluetooth Remote control and Bluetooth Handsfree Audio (although these 2 were not flagged until I went onto Microsoft website to check for driver updates! I tried to download a bluetooth update but this gave me Error 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assemblY. And promptly rolled back from the update!)

I also downloaded Mainboard Chipset driver and Broadcom Wireless LAN. There was an Atheros which I think my computer uses - should I remove this and download the other?

Would reloading/repairing Word or Outlook help? If so what programs can I run for repair?

Any help appreciated!

S

Upvote 0

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Update on last message!

I managed to correct my 'extra bluetooth' problems with a driver download but 3 ! still remain...
the original Bluetooth Peripheral Device and the 2x hidden ones on NON plug and play Drivers ..

Cheers
S

Upvote 0

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
@Siouxsiesue

click Start >> Computer >> System Properties >> Device Manager

Now on this screen do you have any items with a yellow ! or a red X ???

Download BLUESCREENVIEW from the link below and install and run it to read the dump files created by windows.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview_setup.exe

What kind of computer do you have exactly??Example Compaq presario c700

Download CCLEANER from the link below:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup313.exe

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MiniToolBox HERE http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Siouxsiesue use this link and see the first answer and apply it http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/insufficient-memory-or-disk-space-cannot-display/e9a40c16-40cd-4fc7-84c0-8382cae47b7f
Same problem I had and this one resolved it.
Also for your drivers use a driver updater or use the CD which you got with your computer to install the missing drivers.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
if device manage is only flagged with bluetooth warnings and you don't use any bluetooth devices with the system then simply right click it and disable.

Check Device Manager for any exclamation marks - drivers may need updating

How to Use Device Manager:
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/51598...s-7-a.html

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malbky said:
Pcjunklist your link leads to a 404 error page not found. Is techtalkz your blog?

Linked incorrectly, but searching the TechTalkz site, I found this (looks the same):

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/515982-how-use-device-manager-windows-7-a.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.