BullGuard has joined Avira as part of NortonLifeLock

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Looks like they will stop developing bullguard versions this year.The 2022 versions have a comparison with norton products on the description page.They found a polite way of saying don't buy bullguard, buy norton.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Looks like they will stop developing bullguard versions this year.The 2022 versions have a comparison with norton products on the description page.They found a polite way of saying don't buy bullguard, buy norton.

Too bad, I really liked it BullGuard....
RIP little bulldog :(

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
There no pressure whasoever from MS Defender, most AV companies are making money from the Enterprise, not Home Users, and Defender Market Share in Endpoint is less than 5%.
I’m curious where this 5% number comes from (though not saying it’s wrong). I know of multiple large entities that use Defender enterprise, including in the US Government.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Found this, not sure how accurate it is.

Attachments

• 2022-04-21 11_45_19-Worldwide Corporate Endpoint Security Market Shares.png
    2022-04-21 11_45_19-Worldwide Corporate Endpoint Security Market Shares.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 186

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
RIP - another pctools...sadly... time to look for another av... norton/symantec buys all the softwares i like...they did the same with pctools....jesus...
I loved the pc tools. I've used spyware doctor and thereatfire for years. This is why I don't like norton.
I have a bullguard membership until 2028 with the keys I bought from a campaign last year.
What will norton offer to the members? :):):cool::cool:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I loved the pc tools. I've used spyware doctor and thereatfire for years. This is why I don't like norton.
I have a bullguard membership until 2028 with the keys I bought from a campaign last year.
What will norton offer to the members? :):):cool::cool:

In my opinion as with the PC-Tools story => Forcefully migrate to Norton products...

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
"This from BullGuard UK website:

"In 2021, BullGuard became part of NortonLifeLock, alongside leading brands like Norton and Avira.
Now, the BullGuard brand is transitioning to Norton which means people everywhere can benefit from award-winning protection like Norton™ 360 Deluxe.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UK CUSTOMERS:
With this change, we will stop selling BullGuard products on March 31, 2022. Current BullGuard customers with an active subscription will continue to receive protection and service through the end of their existing subscription."

According to Mango555 at wilders
Original Post @ wilders

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.