Bullguard is a comfortable security company. Thus:
- custom development is almost nothing
- Bitdefender SDK engine helps a lot to detect malwares
- you can get free 1 year license almost every year
- Internet Security and VPN are cost is €119.98 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
- it is an average product
- behavior blocker is not the best
It's way bellow average.
- All tools are underdeveloped, a la McAfee style. Firewall is a joke (definitely not McAfee-style, where it's quite powerful).
- User Experience is beyond awfull.
- Website is tiny. It's centred around 2-3 home products. By no means does this website induce some trust in me. Highly resembles a fake av website from 10 years ago.
- They are one of the few companies to offer identity and fraud monitoring, but how good can that be, considering that they can't even develop a decent UI?
- I am highly curious why does an AV need to take up >400 mb of RAM in idle state... does it also include some sort of a hidden NASA-Spaceship controlling engine or something? When Norton uses around 20 and Webroot uses <10. Both of them offer better protection and more tools.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Very informative thread thanks to all above memebers for their valuable input. In the long run Bullguard should become a more rock solid antivirus
Yes, I do believe in them. One member said that they are developing their own engine which I was not able to confirm. But let us wait and see. The product is one of the lightest suites available in the market.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
How about the high Ram usage?

I have installed the new version of BIS on a laptop with fresh Windows 10 Pro install. First, I have noticed that the online installer download 170 MBs instead of 60 MBs (as it used to be). The high ram usage is still there and I feel a performance hit which I confirm is a new issue. I don't know what's going on but let's wait and see what the changes are in their release notes (still not published).

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Disabling Game Booster, PC Tune Up and Backup scheduler makes Bullguard run as a feather.

Screenshot (1).png

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Went to Bullguard folders and nothing's there related to Bitdefender :unsure: All drivers are signed by Bullguard Ltd

I am curious if they dropped BD engine, and if they did, what engine are they using right now.

Reactions: catjc and BVLon

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I saw that, they are showing BD names...they have done something... maybe relying more on the cloud? Also, last time I tested them the UI was blurry. Now they have fixed it, maybe they have read my feedback on here?

I hope all the changes get reflected in the release notes soon.

Reactions: catjc and BVLon

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.