BullGuard Internet Security 2020 Edition

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
As soon as I saw the architecture on your screenshot, I realised it's gone. Maybe BullGuard has switched to someone else...I will investigate rn.

Still using BitDefender engine. You should be able to find the files in "Common Files" folder in program files.

BullGuard uses only the BitDefender core engine + defs along with a rootkit scan driver and the BullGuard cloud.

Real time scanning processes and drivers are self developed, including the webfilter (though, I speculate the webfilter may still use BD database but the certificate and https scanning etc. are self developed).

BullGuard is not a direct rebrand of BitDefender as in there are a lot of self developed technologies (kind of like Emsisoft).

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 20.0.375 released

Release Notes:
IMPROVEMENTS
* Game Booster: Games with Anti-Cheat can now be optimized as well.
BUG FIXES
* General:
Fixed a scan crash occurance.
* Backup: Fixed an issue that caused BullGuard to crash when users attempted to reauthorize a Backup profile while not having an active internet connection.
* Secure Browser:
- The time format is now correctly displayed on all language versions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Delete cookies on exit toggle to change position if the Secure Browser menu was opened.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Build 20.0.375 released

Release Notes:
IMPROVEMENTS
* Game Booster: Games with Anti-Cheat can now be optimized as well.
BUG FIXES
* General:
Fixed a scan crash occurance.
* Backup: Fixed an issue that caused BullGuard to crash when users attempted to reauthorize a Backup profile while not having an active internet connection.
* Secure Browser:
- The time format is now correctly displayed on all language versions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Delete cookies on exit toggle to change position if the Secure Browser menu was opened.
I believe these are not the full release notes as the updates size was quite large. I do not know why it took them more than a week to post the release notes.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 20.0.378
Updated April 24th, 2020
IMPROVEMENTS
* Downloader: The BullGuard downloader has been upgraded to version 2.79, with improved performance and stability among the main features.
BUG FIXES
* Firewall: Fixed an issue that prevented the Firewall application to from retaining all user added entries in the Blocked Hosts list, after a system restart.

catjc

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Build 20.0.379
IMPROVEMENTS
* Antivirus: Multiple upgrades and vulnerability fixes for the BDSpy driver.
* Firewall: Optimized the import of internal rules.
* Updater: Fixed a potential vulnerability.

BUG FIXES
* Game Booster:
- Fixed an issue that prevent the Game Booster application from detecting games if a new GPU driver version was installed between gaming sessions.
- Game Booster now correctly detects GTA 5.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Installed BullGuard IS to my friend computer. He likes to play Steam game RUST. BullGuard IS Game Booster eats up 10-15% of CPU time when playing Rust. Because RUST uses a lot of CPU and BullGuards Game Booster uses 10-15% of CPU time we decided to disable Game Booster to get better frame rates in RUST. Any idea why Game Booster uses so much CPU time in Rust?

Kind regards,
-sepik

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello,
Installed BullGuard IS to my friend computer. He likes to play Steam game RUST. BullGuard IS Game Booster eats up 10-15% of CPU time when playing Rust. Because RUST uses a lot of CPU and BullGuards Game Booster uses 10-15% of CPU time we decided to disable Game Booster to get better frame rates in RUST. Any idea why Game Booster uses so much CPU time in Rust?

Kind regards,
-sepik
You should contact Support because sometimes users experience issue with Game Booster as it does not automatically add some games to the list. They will fix it fast.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
@The Cog in the Machine
Yeah, this happens only when playing the Rust game. Rust is very CPU hungry(rather than GPU) and i think Game Booster and Rust wants to fiddle with process priorities etc. So there's a race condition. Not sure tho.
Otherwise, i can really recommend BullGuard for ppl that mostly do gaming. And on my PCMARK test, its a clear winner there.

Kind regards,
-sepik

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
@The Cog in the Machine
Yeah, this happens only when playing the Rust game. Rust is very CPU hungry(rather than GPU) and i think Game Booster and Rust wants to fiddle with process priorities etc. So there's a race condition. Not sure tho.
Otherwise, i can really recommend BullGuard for ppl that mostly do gaming. And on my PCMARK test, its a clear winner there.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Happened to me with other games and support was helpful. Just contact them and they will fix the issue asap. Yes, Bullguard is one of the lightest and one of the best if not the best for gamers

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 20.0.381
Updated June 30th 2020
Improvements: Updated the installer for incompatible OS versions (XP, Vista, Windows 7SP0) behavior. Click here to find out more details about the EOL.
Secure Browser: Fixed an issue that caused a startup error for devices with Windows Server 2019 operating system installed.

Build 20.0.380
Hotfix 2
Updated June 29th, 2020
Secure Browser: Fixed several XSS vulnerabilities reported in Secure Browser. Special credit goes to Wladimir Palant, for discovering and reporting this issue.
Updated June 22th, 2020
IMPROVEMENTS
* Game Booster: Implemented a new detection algorithm.
BUG FIXES
* Antivirus: Fixed an issue that prevented the application from correctly detecting Steam games, if the additional install path was in unicode.
* Game Booster: Fixed an issue that caused the widget help text to incorrectly remain visible while navigating on a different browser tab or window.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

Build 20.0.383

Updated October 8th 2020
On 30th September 2020, BullGuard has upgraded BullGuard Antivirus, Bullguard Internet Security and Premium Protection to V21, delivering unrivalled multi-layered detection to provide the ultimate in cyber protection. Here are the main features included in this major upgrade:

DYNAMIC MACHINE LEARNING​

* V21 makes more extensive use of Machine Learning (ML), safeguarding devices against known and unknown (0-day) threats.
* BullGuard's ML protection does not need to rely to connection to Cloud services and is able to protect the customer's devices even when they are offline.
* By continuous process monitoring, the Dynamic Machine Learning (DML) system enables real-time detection and blocking of potentially malicious behaviour, while constantly learning and improving based on the detected threats across the entire BullGuard customer base.

CLOUD DETECTION​

* When online, the Antivirus component was enhanced to check for threats in a Cloud database, enhancing detection of threats that emerge, without the need of local virus signatures update.
* Reduced time to detect and whitelist false positives

mohamed200

Level 1
Oct 31, 2015

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 495

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.