App Review BullGuard Premium Protection 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the BullGuard test!
BullGuard is an English publisher that has been around for several years, founded by Morten Lund.
Formerly based on the Bitdefender engine, the editor has switched to the engine of the German company, Avira .
The interface does not change, and looks a bit old-fashioned even if it is still functional.

The detection level is very good!
BullGuard makes a machine without any infection!
Some remains are present, but nothing dramatic.
On the other hand, an improvement of the phishing detections would be welcome, it is too weak....

BullGuard is recommendable.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 1/3 (1 missed, 2 dead)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 160 out of 717 files
Home Malware : Not tested, problems with the VM (copy and paste bug because the VMware program was closed)

Result :
- Zemana : 0
- Hitman Pro : 1 suspicious file
- NPE : 1

Request by @amico81

icarus

Level 2
Oct 29, 2021
Hello and welcome to the BullGuard test!
BullGuard is an English publisher that has been around for several years, founded by Morten Lund.
Formerly based on the Bitdefender engine, the editor has switched to the engine of the German company, Avira .
The interface does not change, and looks a bit old-fashioned even if it is still functional.

The detection level is very good!
BullGuard makes a machine without any infection!
Some remains are present, but nothing dramatic.
On the other hand, an improvement of the phishing detections would be welcome, it is too weak....

BullGuard is recommendable.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 1/3 (1 missed, 2 dead)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 160 out of 717 files
Home Malware : Not tested, problems with the VM (copy and paste bug because the VMware program was closed)

Result :
- Zemana : 0
- Hitman Pro : 1 suspicious file
- NPE : 1

Request by @amico81

very nice if you can please do comparative between bullguard premium and avg ultimate:Dplease add a update to this buy testing youre origami ransomeware i really want to see how it goes(y)

Reactions: tipo and Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
very nice if you can please do comparative between bullguard premium and avg ultimate:Dplease add a update to this buy testing youre origami ransomeware i really want to see how it goes(y)

You'll have to wait a little, a lot of demand :/

For Origami, I'm coding a new version to put Antivirus to the test 😉

ddave

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2014
It all depends on your uses.

Personally I use F-Secure, which is very light and autonomous.
Gdata I find a little heavy from time to time, its BB BEAST is very good but lacks a little reactivity to some attacks
I've a very basic usage, most of the time internet and gaming.
Bullguard is the weakest of the three?

Reactions: icarus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.