Troubleshoot Bullguard prevents pCloud form installing properly

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! Yesterday I tried installing pCloud windows client but the install keeps failing as Bullguard quarantines a file during the installation process! The screenshot is in the attached. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.1 KB · Views: 475
Reactions: LASER_oneXM

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello there mate. I suggest you create a virtual enviroment (or use the one you have!) to test the file on an isolated way. To do this, i suggest you make use of SysInternals AutoRuns, ProcessExplorer and TCPView to show whether malware has become active on the system (you can make use of KillSwitch and other software too), but please investigate whether traces of malware are in memory and Autostart or not. One trick to show VirusTotal Ratings in above mentioned:
Options - Scan Options - Check VT.com + Submit unknown images (accept the request, a browser window will open, too) // Options - VT.com - Check VT.com

In TCPView, please click on Options, untick Show unconnected endpoints.

Aforementioned, use a second-opinion scanner or VirusTotal. Peace.

Reactions: Pearl96
Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello there mate. I suggest you create a virtual enviroment (or use the one you have!) to test the file on an isolated way. To do this, i suggest you make use of SysInternals AutoRuns, ProcessExplorer and TCPView to show whether malware has become active on the system (you can make use of KillSwitch and other software too), but please investigate whether traces of malware are in memory and Autostart or not. One trick to show VirusTotal Ratings in above mentioned:
Options - Scan Options - Check VT.com + Submit unknown images (accept the request, a browser window will open, too) // Options - VT.com - Check VT.com

In TCPView, please click on Options, untick Show unconnected endpoints.

Aforementioned, use a second-opinion scanner or VirusTotal. Peace.

Thank you! I am really embarrassed as I don't know much about testing malware in depth! I take your suggestion into my consideration once I finish my Poetry Exam :) Thank you again

Reactions: RoboMan
Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
The system is running too slow I don't know what's going on!

See the screenshot

Attachments

• wrong.PNG
    wrong.PNG
    40.9 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hmm... i cant say why Bullguard behavior blocker uses so munch... ); but u can try contact bullguard support.

This weird! After I closed pCloud from the system tray, everything got back to the norm! pCloud client does not work properly may be because of Bullguard. I will talk with support to end this play! I have many files to upload and I can't upload them via the web because they are very large in terms of size! Thank you very much for your attention in my issue! You efforts are much appreciated:)

Upvote 0

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
This weird! After I closed pCloud from the system tray, everything got back to the norm! pCloud client does not work properly may be because of Bullguard. I will talk with support to end this play! I have many files to upload and I can't upload them via the web because they are very large in terms of size! Thank you very much for your attention in my issue! You efforts are much appreciated:)
Cant you get a new Antivirus ? there are alot better alternatives than bullguard with less false positives and isseus..

I also switched from Eset to bullguard to kaspersky to emsisoft to Avira ;)

Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Cant you get a new Antivirus ? there are alot better alternatives than bullguard with less false positives and isseus..

This is not possible at the moment as I have 910 days remaining of my subscription! But believe me Bullguard is great and is really light on system resources! I have Eset installed on my sister's laptop and Emsisoft on my PC

Upvote 0

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
This is not possible at the moment as I have 910 days remaining of my subscription! But believe me Bullguard is great and is really light on system resources! I have Eset installed on my sister's laptop and Emsisoft on my PC
Hmm then the only option is contact the support again ;)

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi again @Pearl96. It's pretty much obvious BullGuard is running under pressure and incompatibility if it consumes so much CPU. To start with:

-Do you have any other security program (AV, Firewall, anti-executable) installed on your system?
-Which settings are you using (custom, tweaked)
-Which OS and version?

Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hi again @Pearl96. It's pretty much obvious BullGuard is running under pressure and incompatibility if it consumes so much CPU. To start with:

-Do you have any other security program (AV, Firewall, anti-executable) installed on your system?
-Which settings are you using (custom, tweaked)
-Which OS and version?

Hi! I have Zemana installed alongside with Bullguard but with real time protection turned off! I am running Bullguard on default settings on windows 10 Education X64! The high resources usage happens only when I launch pCloud. It seems that Bullguard deals with pCloud drivers as malicious activity

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi! I have Zemana installed alongside with Bullguard but with real time protection turned off! I am running Bullguard on default settings on windows 10 Education X64! The high resources usage happens only when I launch pCloud. It seems that Bullguard deals with pCloud drivers as malicious activity
I see. I suggest you disable all BullGuard protection, and add as an exclusion the whole PCloud folder on Program Files and AppData (show hidden folder and files), instead of only the executable. After this, re-enable BullGuard and reboot the system. Tell me how it goes.

Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I see. I suggest you disable all BullGuard protection, and add as an exclusion the whole PCloud folder on Program Files and AppData (show hidden folder and files), instead of only the executable. After this, re-enable BullGuard and reboot the system. Tell me how it goes.

The system is almost unusable! I have installed Hitman Pro and ran a scan and the result was 3 suspicious files located in the temp folder! I am installing a clean install of windows and I will install Emsisoft on my laptop and transfer Bullguard to the PC. I have exams and I am very busy to solve issues! Just one more question. Does Emsisoft team respond quickly to submitted suspicious samples? Thank you very much for your help :) I really thank you from deep inside!

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
The system is almost unusable! I have installed Hitman Pro and ran a scan and the result was 3 suspicious files located in the temp folder! I am installing a clean install of windows and I will install Emsisoft on my laptop and transfer Bullguard to the PC. I have exams and I am very busy to solve issues! Just one more question. Does Emsisoft team respond quickly to submitted suspicious samples? Thank you very much for your help :) I really thank you from deep inside!
Hi again mate,

Emsisoft, along with VoodooShield are both the best support i've ever met. Kind and very quick and efficient. I recommend it.

So far, i could test pCloud for you with Emsisoft to check false positives or why BullGuard tries to quarantine it. I'm attaching as thumbnails some pictures you'd like to see... Process Explorer and CCE's AutoRuns give me no suspicious activity but an autorun to start along with the system (logic if it's a backup and data synch app). BullGuard must have some weird heuristic system.

.1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hi again mate,

Emsisoft, along with VoodooShield are both the best support i've ever met. Kind and very quick and efficient. I recommend it.

So far, i could test pCloud for you with Emsisoft to check false positives or why BullGuard tries to quarantine it. I'm attaching as thumbnails some pictures you'd like to see... Process Explorer and CCE's AutoRuns give me no suspicious activity but an autorun to start along with the system (logic if it's a backup and data synch app). BullGuard must have some weird heuristic system.

.View attachment 141194 View attachment 141195 View attachment 141196 View attachment 141197 View attachment 141198

I am a Bullguard user since the very beginning of this service and their support was nice but not any more! Now you have to wait a lot to get a response and the response might not be that helpful! Thank you for testing pCloud for me! I really appreciate your efforts! Thank you for your kindness! Now I have finished installing Windows and I am downloading Emsisoft!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.