Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
Last edited:
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I do not know what is "multi-quote feature"; I am here to thank you for advising to use Vivaldi again; it was one of the best decisions.Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
Some members do not want to use multi-quote sometimes. I know most of the time I don't want to. I want separate posts for each reply.Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
Sometimes posts get merged manually by staff. Automated task may be way too aggressive and inaccurate. How will it know what’s for merging and what’s not?Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
You are welcome. Multi-quote is a feature to reply to all posts in one post rather than one by one as I'm doing here.I do not know what is "multi-quote feature"; I am here to thank you for advising to use Vivaldi again; it was one of the best decisions.
![]()
I can understand this when you reply to selective posts or want to reply in details to a post, but imagine when a member wants to reply to every post in a thread with just one sentence, it will be a mess.Some members do not want to use multi-quote sometimes. I know most of the time I don't want to. I want separate posts for each reply.
So to avoid being aggressive, what about do it as an action triggered by staff for selective threads? I think theoretically something like this should work:Sometimes posts get merged manually by staff. Automated task may be way too aggressive and inaccurate. How will it know what’s for merging and what’s not?
for (thread from 0 to n-1) {
foreach (post_id){
if (post_id.user_id == post_id+1.user_id){
merge posts
post_id++
}
}
}
The only drawback is when you want to make different reactions on different replies on each quote; otherwise, it is more tidy of course.Multi-quote is a feature to reply to all posts in one post rather than one by one as I'm doing here.
Can you please give an example, I can't understand your point well?The only drawback is when you want to make different reactions on different replies on each quote; otherwise, it is more tidy of course.
For example:Can you please give an example, I can't understand your point well?
Aha, you can react to the original posts individually, why to react to the combined ones?For example:
I want to react like to the first reply
No reaction to the second reply
and react Haha to the third reply
How could be performed when using multi-quoute reply?
View attachment 289322
I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.Aha, you can react to the original posts individually, why to react to the combined ones?
Things are getting complicated; let us encourage mono-quotingLOL...now my head is spinning![]()
![]()
Then you can select each part you want to reply and quote it to reply and reply to every part in whatever reaction you like as follows:I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.

and this is mono-quoting, I have just mentioned.Then you can select each part you want to reply and quote it to reply and reply to every part in whatever reaction you like as follows:
View attachment 289325
I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.
Some users don't quote multiple posts but reply to each post separately (and consecutively). "@Parkinsond can give a different reaction or emoji to each reply. If the automated task combines the consecutive replies, then he cannot give a different reaction or emoji to each reply (as all replies will be in a single post)." — I guess this is what @Parkinsond meant.LOL...now my head is spinning![]()
![]()
I will stick to multi-qouting if it is according to the rules of the forum; reactions are not mandatory.Some users don't quote multiple posts but reply to each post separately (and consecutively). "@Parkinsond can give a different reaction or emoji to each reply. If the automated task combines the consecutive replies, then he cannot give a different reaction or emoji to each reply (as all replies will be in a single post)." — I guess this is what @Parkinsond meant.
This is a partial-multi-quote feature, you can repeat it with as many parts of posts as you want, then reply to all what you collect at once.and this is mono-quoting, I have just mentioned.
I am still exploring all the bells and whistles here.This is a partial-multi-quote feature, you can repeat it with as many parts of posts as you want, then reply to all what you collect at once.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes