Feature Request Can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread?

Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
I do not know what is "multi-quote feature"; I am here to thank you for advising to use Vivaldi again; it was one of the best decisions.
yes we can GIF by Obama
 
Because some members don't use the multi-quote feature, can we get an automated task that combine consecutive posts for the same member on each thread to make reading the thread more effective?
Sometimes posts get merged manually by staff. Automated task may be way too aggressive and inaccurate. How will it know what’s for merging and what’s not?
 
I do not know what is "multi-quote feature"; I am here to thank you for advising to use Vivaldi again; it was one of the best decisions.
yes we can GIF by Obama
You are welcome. Multi-quote is a feature to reply to all posts in one post rather than one by one as I'm doing here.
Some members do not want to use multi-quote sometimes. I know most of the time I don't want to. I want separate posts for each reply.
I can understand this when you reply to selective posts or want to reply in details to a post, but imagine when a member wants to reply to every post in a thread with just one sentence, it will be a mess.
Sometimes posts get merged manually by staff. Automated task may be way too aggressive and inaccurate. How will it know what’s for merging and what’s not?
So to avoid being aggressive, what about do it as an action triggered by staff for selective threads? I think theoretically something like this should work:
Code:
for (thread from 0 to n-1) {
    foreach (post_id){
        if (post_id.user_id == post_id+1.user_id){
            merge posts
            post_id++
            }
        }
    }
We can add the time factor too if we want it to be automated to not merge posts in threads like (New Updates) because mostly posts in these threads are crated by the same members, for example merge threads if the interval didn't exceed 24 hours only.
 
Can you please give an example, I can't understand your point well?
For example:
I want to react like to the first reply
No reaction to the second reply
and react Haha to the third reply
How could be performed when using multi-quoute reply?

2025-06-28 20.35.23 malwaretips.com f9c1fe909dac.jpg
 
Aha, you can react to the original posts individually, why to react to the combined ones?
I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.
 
I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.
Then you can select each part you want to reply and quote it to reply and reply to every part in whatever reaction you like as follows:

2025-06-28 at 22-05-29.png
 
I want to react on the reply to the original post, not the original post; multi-quote is used to make multiple replies combined to different parts of the original post.
LOL...now my head is spinning 😃 😅
Some users don't quote multiple posts but reply to each post separately (and consecutively). "@Parkinsond can give a different reaction or emoji to each reply. If the automated task combines the consecutive replies, then he cannot give a different reaction or emoji to each reply (as all replies will be in a single post)." — I guess this is what @Parkinsond meant.
 
Some users don't quote multiple posts but reply to each post separately (and consecutively). "@Parkinsond can give a different reaction or emoji to each reply. If the automated task combines the consecutive replies, then he cannot give a different reaction or emoji to each reply (as all replies will be in a single post)." — I guess this is what @Parkinsond meant.
I will stick to multi-qouting if it is according to the rules of the forum; reactions are not mandatory.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top