Advanced Security carl fish's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 25, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
Pro 25H2
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
I don't know anything about it
Real-time protection
bitdefender GravityZone
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
everything enabled and setup the way i like
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
none
Browsers and extensions
firefox
last pass
adblock plus
Secure DNS
default dns
Desktop VPN
Express Vpn
Password and passkey manager
Last pass
File and photo backups
external hard disks
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
I back up to an external hard drive
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Browsing the Internet without an ad-blocker
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs

HP Laptop 15-fc0292AU 15.6" FHD Laptop (Ryzen 7)[512GB]​

15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display

AMD Ryzen 7 7730U 8-core processor (16MB cache, 2GHz up to 4.5GHz)

512GB SSD storage with 16GB RAM

AMD Radeon Graphics

1 x HDMI port

1 x USB-A port

2 x USB-C ports

Webcam

Bluetooth v5.3

Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax)

Up to 10 hours 30 mins (typical device usage)
Notable changes
bitdefender GravityZone
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

That's great! It's always a good idea to have a well-thought-out and secure configuration for your PC setup. However, in order to provide more specific feedback and suggestions, it would be helpful if you could provide more details about your setup. Can you please share the components you have chosen for your PC, as well as any security measures you have implemented?
 
i'd recommend just exporting to dashlane free or bitwarden free...
I would limit that to Bitwarden free:
On November 7th, Dashlane Free users will be able to store 25 passwords, rather than unlimited passwords, on their device of choice.
 
Silent Knight may be of some interest.

Please check the included help files before running the file.
 
gone over to Mac, do I need antivirus?

If anything I would say it has actually improved in recent years. The initial release of the revamped product line (with Standard, Plus, and Premium editions) had quite a few issues and awkward UI limitations that have all been addressed now. Top notch product all around I would say.

System impact is minimal, on par with Eset on my system. Fewer bugs than Eset as well on my end, which I stopped using recently after so many issues with each release since 2023.

I also expected it to suffer in quality after the war and all the sanctions around it, but the outcome was the opposite.
Although I know that Macs CAN be infected, the only I use, is a VPN. And of course my brain. I think that's the most important factor in all computer security. I have used Macbooks the last 3 years, I have no bad experience to use my MacBook without an antivirus.
Unlike Windows, Macs have a lot of security built into the system. But in the end, it must be yourself who makes the decision.
 
Great choice by installing trend maximum , how do you like it sofar? did you manage to get a reasonable price for the license?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top