Advice Request CF/cs Ransomware and/or Avast Premier Ransomware - Which is better?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I recently installed Avast Premier 2018 alongside the latest CFW v11 with cs settings. Smooth as silk no conflicts.

I did not install the Avast Ransomware Shield.

That being said, I was wondering is CF/cs Ransomware protection more than adequate or should I supplement it with the Avast RShield for the "just in case" scenario?

Reactions: sohailafzal

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Easy answer here- Absolutely not. God knows I have tried for years to encrypt files on a CF protected system but sadly have still been unable to do so (which is one reason why I use CF myself). I did recently get to the point where a certain ransomware mechanism THOUGHT it was encrypting files (these trashed files actually showed up in the VT Root (the sandbox directory- which can be flushed away like any other trash). But sadly for the ransomware it was only an illusion and the actual files still sat Fat, Happy, and Untouched on the actual system.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
To the Sensei of CFW useage, thanks.

One less feature to install and use RAM:).

Btw cs, I made another post concerning CFW with your settings and Blocking Alerts. Could you also respond to that if you have the time? It would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.