Choosing an Android phone

Choosing an Android phone - What's most important to you? [Poll]

• Battery (e.g. 5000mAh, Fast charging 65W, battery life)

• Body (e.g. colors, dimensions, size, weight, protection, metallic)

• Camera (e.g. wide, ultrawide, telephoto & macro lenses, resolution, image processing)

• Display (e.g. Sumer AMOLED, 120 Hz, resolution, pixel density)

• Memory (e.g. card slot, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB ROM, UFS 2.1)

• Processor (e.g. CPU, GPU, chipset, Snapdragon/Mediatek version)

• Sound (e.g. loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, bitrate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
What's most important to you when you are buying a phone?

Or when you are confused between buying 2 different phones, what's that feature that you give preference while choosing?

Edit: I had expected an Android vs iOS might come up in this debate. That's one of the reasons I didn't include Software and Price point into the mix. For 2 comparable phones at maybe the same price point, whats that feature that will give you the edge?

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yes, Software and let's change a vote please
I voted Processor but none of the options in the poll really matter that much to me.
What matters:
1. Must not be Apple.
2. Must not be ridiculously expensive.
Running a Pixel 5 now.
I think software should be an option too in the pole. I for example not a fan of some Chinese brand's iphoney variant of the Android UI.
Just Apple, long term support, always fast and superb quality over those android phones.
Where is the OS?

I made a conscious decision not to include Software, because it's a part of another debate. Android vs iOS can hold it's own poll which I will soon. That's also one of the reasons I didn't include price into the poll. This one is solely for the feature set for a comparable price what's that feature that will give you the edge to make your decision, just like my first post says.

I should have renamed the thread to "Choosing an Android phone", however I have crossed the time limit. If one of the mods can help here, it would be great. @upnorth , @harlan4096 @Jack

marhendray

Level 1
Nov 20, 2021
Sadly, there is no option for a specific features like stylus. I really have to choose Samsung Note series over other phones despite the annoying bloatware :) . For me, S-Pen is really useful to take notes or interact with the phone under any circumstances even on a weird situation like taking notes on a rainy season, under hand gloves and so on.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Can't vote since "software" is missing :D
To be honest for my next phone I will try to find a phone where the developer got a good track record with good update support and timely security patches. Got burned once.
For the rest of my needs nearly any phone will do.
I still think software could be meant general (not to be too specific like android vs apple)
All call it "fast security updates" or so.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.