Choosing an Android phone

Choosing an Android phone - What's most important to you? [Poll]

• Battery (e.g. 5000mAh, Fast charging 65W, battery life)

• Body (e.g. colors, dimensions, size, weight, protection, metallic)

• Camera (e.g. wide, ultrawide, telephoto & macro lenses, resolution, image processing)

• Display (e.g. Sumer AMOLED, 120 Hz, resolution, pixel density)

• Memory (e.g. card slot, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB ROM, UFS 2.1)

• Processor (e.g. CPU, GPU, chipset, Snapdragon/Mediatek version)

• Sound (e.g. loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, bitrate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I voted Processor but none of the options in the poll really matter that much to me.
What matters:
1. Must not be Apple.
2. Must not be ridiculously expensive.
Running a Pixel 5 now.

Agree. I have a pixel 6 pro, and 'm loving it! Software > hardware is the way it should be.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
1. high-end processors (snapdragon 800 series): more powerful = longer life expectancy, but not buggy processors like 888, 8 gen 1, 810, 820
2. battery life: more capacity = more use time + less frequent battery replacement. 5000->4000: usable. 3500-> 2500 or less: unusable

I don't really care about other aspects but usually high-end phones have above average to great other things

1 more important thing: I will never update my phone to newer big android versions like from android 10 to 11. On all of my devices, updating makes them less smooth and drains more battery + sometimes, no way to go back to the original version. My galaxy s7 sd820 was almost 2 times faster when it was on android 6, compared to android 8. It was noticeably faster on android 7 compared to 8 after I downgraded it
forget about security. Usability, smoothness, battery life matter the most. These can be felt everyday, unlike security

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.