Solved Choosing security for my godson

I'm creating a survey on how to choose security for a new PC for a 6-year-old child

• F-Secure Internet Security

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Bitdefender Total Security

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Avast Premium

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Hello.

Is it a good solution to start with to set my godson as PC security:

Windows Defender + DefenderUI (Max mode)

Mainly on the PC will be MS Office used
Does Windows Defender protect Office files quite well against malware ?

Or is it better to purchase other software.
I was still thinking about AVG, AVAST.

The kid is 6 years old and will just be starting his adventure with computers.
It is known how children are. They click everywhere.

Any suggestions welcome

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The kid is 6 years old and will just be starting his adventure with computers.
It is known how children are. They click everywhere.

Any suggestions welcome
Deeply hope the kid is not left alone no matter what solution is used, but rather gets an experience on proper sites/pages together with either yourself or another responsible adult.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
All in all, security software from a particular company could be purchased, but in my opinion, can the system AV enhanced DefenderUi on MAX mode manage to protect such a computer.
How does Defender handle the detection of Office files ??

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
As good as any other antivirus. Windows Defender is not better or worse than others in detecting malicious Office files. The fact that Windows Defender is a Microsoft product does not give it any advantage or better capability at detecting malicious Microsoft Office files.

If you want to protect the system against Office exploits, then check Hard Configurator, Simple Windows Hardening or Windows Hybrid Hardening.

The main thing with Office documents is to disable and not use macros - which are disabled by default. Then if you encounter a malicious Office doc that prompts to enable macros, just do not select it.

DefenderUI is not suitable for strengthening Windows Defender ?

Hard Configurator better ?

Reactions: Dave Russo

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
In the near future (in 3 months), he plans to purchase the F-Secure Safe package for his godson.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Just remember nothing will save a happy clicker forever. Education about security helps in the long run a lot more:geek:
The reseller Serialcart.com (with member discounts) is also active on this forum if you wanted to buy licenses. In case you haven't stumbled about it already :)

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Just remember nothing will save a happy clicker forever. Education about security helps in the long run a lot more:geek:
The reseller Serialcart.com (with member discounts) is also active on this forum if you wanted to buy licenses. In case you haven't stumbled about it already :)
I know perfectly well. ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
6 years old can barely read, and he wont understand any pop-ups that come along, if he wants to learn computer using its always better to use computer with parent everytime

my niece 8 years old is using computer but im always with her because i dont trust any security program to solve the issues that will came along

but i would use adguard desktop with child protection ( cant download anything) (safe search forced to everything youtube included)

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
As I mentioned earlier. The child will study under parental supervision on a PC
The current Windows Defender + Hard_configurator type protection is temporary for this system.
I plan to buy him other software with parental protection function. My thought is F-Secure Safe.

Reactions: cryogent

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I'm creating a survey on how to choose security for a new PC for a 6-year-old child

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
My sister and I are considering these 3 products

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
The survey is valid for 14 days. After this time, my sister and I will make the product that has received the most votes on the forum.
Everyone is good and we can buy everyone.
But it's up to you what surprise to make :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.