Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Source: Egemen Comodo Chief Developer

--------------------

As some of you probably know, Windows 8 RTM has been released. This means people who have MSDN subscription or device manufacturers are already using Windows 8.

CIS/CAV/CFW 5.10 does not support windows 8.
CIS 6, which is scheduled to be released end of October, is going to be supporting Windows 8. However until that time, you may still need COMODO protection in your Windows 8 computers. So for those Windows 8 users, we created CIS 5.12 accessible from http://antivirus.comodo.com/windows-8/

CIS 5.12 fully supports windows 8.

FAQ
------

1 - I do NOT use Windows 8 and I have CIS 5.10, do I need to install CIS 5.12?

No. You do not need to install CIS 5.12. We will be upgrading you to CIS 6 in a few weeks.

2 - Are CIS 5.10 users going to get updates?

No. We will not issue updates to existing users because we will be updating them to CIS 6 shortly.

3 - Is CIS 5.12 going to provide more security than CIS 5.10?

No. The only difference in CIS 5.12 is Windows 8 support.

4 - I am using Windows 7/XP/Vista, can I install CIS 5.12?
You can still install CIS 5.12 if you would like to do so.

5 - If I install CIS 5.12, am I going to be updated to CIS 6 when it is released?
Yes you will receive the updates.

D

Deleted member 178

Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the availibility of COMODO Internet Security 5.12.256249.2599.

We have also issued an update to all users who have previous versions installed.

What's New in this release?
IMPROVED! Windows 8 Support
FIXED! PPPoE protocol driver conflicts with firewall driver in Windows 8

As you already know, we already released 5.12 before but havent updated existing users so far. However in order to reduce the Windows 8 related support load, we decided to issue an upgrade to make all comodo users fully compatible with Windows 8.

This is not CIS 6 and you will still get CIS 6 once it is released.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.