Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Matter solved.

Waiting for New CIS 2024...
This was addressed back in February.
News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS / Comodo Internet Security - CIS / New CIS 2024 is coming!
Happy to meet you on new forum. This is Ozer Metin, CTO of Comodo/Xcitium. After more than 2 years, I would like to announce that we are working on new release for CIS 2024. CIS 2024 will come with lots of bug fixes , performance improvements, newest versions of Windows support (22H2) and finally new UI’s are coming too.

Here some screenshots for our new skin. […]

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Codebase of CIS enterprise (paid business) version is equal to that of CIS pro or premium (paid or free home) version. It is unclear and puzzling to many CIS pro or premium users why Comodo simply can't update it or release a new version in a reasonable time.
I think the code base was once equal to CIS. I think yuo are right that they still share a lot of program modules, but because of the msnagement difference (user controlled vs centrally managed) and shift in focus (whitelisting plus sandbox = zero trust without the hassle), it is probably impossible to simply update CIS to the business version of X.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Comodo has a poor track record of timely releases. It feels like they often make false promises and do no actual work. Don't trust their release date announcements. Just wait for CIS 2024 to be released when it's ready.
It's a small company. They are struggling for resources, they have sold off their profitable SSL certification business to raise capital. "Xcitium" is their reinvention of themselves to make an appeal to business community that they are still a viable choice. Now tell me how can a struggling company bifurcate manpower to create a free product that doesn't do good to their objective to stay alive. So let's give it to them and wait patiently for their work. In the end we all need to understand that there are no free lunch served in corporate world.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It's a small company. They are struggling for resources, they have sold off their profitable SSL certification business to raise capital. "Xcitium" is their reinvention of themselves to make an appeal to business community that they are still a viable choice. Now tell me how can a struggling company bifurcate manpower to create a free product that doesn't do good to their objective to stay alive. So let's give it to them and wait patiently for their work. In the end we all need to understand that there are no free lunch served in corporate world.
The codebase is already developed, it is there. Every company with employees in their right mind will just create a knock-off of this codebase with minimal adaptations, for example instead of receiving settings from a managment server, they can use a local UI and a db writer.
It is not necessary for someone to reinvent the wheel.

Or even better, they could just disable some panels and functions in the console which are not relevant to home users and they could release an update by now. It’s not about the manpower solely, it’s about whether or not you actually care for your brand.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

With all due respect, your statement above is subjective. Objective facts and reality are different:

1. During the last 3 years, Comodo kept offering low quality products (full of bugs, without upgrades, or updates, even without having official compatibility with Windows 11). And every year Comodo lied, and lied and always lied, living a denial of reality.

2. It is not a matter of "free lunch". It is a matter of "low quality" + "lies".

If Comodo is a small or large company, a poor or rich company etc, that has nothing to do with Comodo real problem: Lack of quality of its products, and lies.

If (big "IF" here) Comodo is struggling for resources, that is because they cannot sell their products... and that is because Comodo always is offering low quality products (full of bugs, no upgrades, nor updates, not even an official compatibility with Windows 11).
Large or small company, poor or rich company, if Comodo does not even have at least one quality product ... then Comodo is dead.

The only reason Comodo barely survives as a subject in this forum, is due to its sand-boxing capabilities. Nobody is crazy to use Comodo antivirus. Comodo without sand-boxing... nobody would use it, nor would it be a topic in this forum. Comodo has not produced quality products for years.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
If Comodo is a small or large company, a poor or rich company etc, that has nothing to do with Comodo real problem: Lack of quality of its products, and lies.
I am on owner of small business as well and now working on a second one. It’s not a matter of small/large/rich/poor. It is a matter of passion and many other qualities.

"low quality products" seems to be your subjective comment or I guess for you that is a fact? :unsure:
Well… we all see the product 😀

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
At least for the last 3 years, Comodo products are full of bugs, no updates, nor upgrades, not even compatibility with Windows 11.
These are the objective facts and the reality.
In past, I only used Comodo Firewall (free)(with Cruelsister's suggested settings). Did not experience bugs (or perceive any), and I think it was updated during, or with-in, a 3-year period. I don't have CF past update release dates in front of me, so you may be right about 3-years... but seems like an overstatement depending when you are measuring from - to. :unsure: My hardware does not run win11 so that's a non-issue for me. I'm not sure of purpose of this thread since it is titled Comodo 2024 (started Fed 2023) and folks are arguing why it is not updated or out yet :unsure: I am not currently running CF but when I did, it worked as expected, some folks say it still does, other disagree.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

CF has some usability bugs, but most users, especially default or CruelCF, won’t encounter them. CF works fine on my Win 10 and 11 systems, but use it, especially on Win 11, at your own risk. I hope CIS 2024 will have an alert option for auto-containment.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
In past, I only used Comodo Firewall (free)(with Cruelsister's suggested settings).

Me too.

Did not experience bugs (or perceive any), and I think it was updated during, or with-in, a 3-year period.

Firstly, please let's be honest: The only reason Comodo barely survives as a subject in this forum, is due to its sand-boxing capabilities. Comodo without sand-boxing... nobody would use it, nor would it be a topic in this forum.
That's the reason most of Comodo users only used CF. Other Comodo products (Antivirus, CIS etc) are trash, they never had significant market share, it's very rare to find a Comodo user interested on non sand-boxing Comodo products/features.

CF specifically, it's around 3 years without updates and upgrades + bugs not fixed + it's not officially compatible with Windows 11 (even the latest free Comodo Antivirus is not officially compatible with Windows 11... can you believe that? What kind of security company will offer in 2023 a not official compatible Windows 11 software? What about "average Joe" installing an antivirus without understanding that might be not compatible with its OS?).
Worse, at Comodo Forum, along the past 3 years, CF accumulated tons of bugs. Yeah, some of them are trivial (UI bugs), some of them are harmless, but ton of them are dangerous bugs.
I was one of the active participants at Comodo Forum, along 3 years the bug report took endless pages and pages of serious bugs, and one day, in the name of a shady "Comodo Policy", Comodo decided to delete the entire bug page at Comodo Forum. Nice way to disguise censorship!
Comodo never updated nor upgraded CF in (around) 3 years. Never made CF compatible with Windows 11. Never fixed tons of bugs. And always denied reality by minimizing bugs, while promising new solutions, blah blah blah.
I still love Comodo, but the above are the objective facts, and the reality. I do have an emotional side in favor of Comodo and I plan to test next Comodo version. But I can't ignore objective facts and reality.

I don't have CF past update release dates in front of me, so you may be right about 3-years... but seems like an overstatement depending when you are measuring from - to. :unsure: My hardware does not run win11 so that's a non-issue for me.

Above you related your subjective experience. And I respect that!
But the point is to distinguish between SUBJECTIVE vs OBJECTIVE opinions.
Subjective opinions (like yours) are untouchable, and everybody has the right to share, to express or to defend them! However, to ignore objective facts is a sign of fanboysm = fanaticism = irrationality.
Most of the few remaining Comodo survivors are fanboys/girls, they blindly defend a security product that is full of bugs, no updates/upgrades in around 3 years, no Windows 11 compatibly... again, Comdo is supposed to be a SECURITY SOFTWARE, it's not an old Tetris game people like to play.
I repeat, the problem is not to defend subjective Comodo experiences. The problem is the fanaticism, the irrationality, the methodical and systematic denial of reality by minimizing bugs, ignoring the lack of updates/upgrades, incompatibilities with Windows 11 etc.

Some people like to eat trash food everyday. I respect that!
I also respect their right to defend trash food.
Now, to ignore the fact that trash food will kill you and will kill everybody... this is not good!

I'm not sure of purpose of this thread since it is titled Comodo 2024 (started Fed 2023) and folks are arguing why it is not updated or out yet :unsure: I am not currently running CF but when I did, it worked as expected, some folks say it still does, other disagree.

I'm "Joe Nobody" and can't define "thread purposes". I like to think this is a free place, and people are free to express any opinion (with or without purpose).
My humble collaboration is about to distinguish between SUBJECTIVE vs OBJECTIVE. Never as a censorship! But always as a complement!
For example, you asked me about "low quality" and subjectivity. I answered you "low quality" = Around 3 years without updates/upgrades, full of bugs, not compatible with Windows 11. I also added the fact that many other Comodo products are trash (Antivirus etc). At our level of security software home product users, almost no one is using single Comodo products without sand-boxing feature. If you remove the sand-boxing feature, Comodo is trash = "low quality".
Now, it's up to you to decide what "low quality" is. I'm not here to convince you about nothing. I presented you the objective facts and the reality. If your final conclusion is that I'm subjective, no problem Man, I respect you!

PS: Comodo Fanboy/girls always present their own subjective experiences believing that "if Comodo works for them, then it works for everybody". That's a fallacy.
Can you imagine every security software doing the same? Can you image a reality where security software are not updated/upgraded in years, full of bugs, incompatible with Windows 11, and where people are using security software based only on Fanboys/girls subjective experiences?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any news?
None.

Here’s what the Comodo Moderator wrote:
At this point, these forums and its moderators have no official release date for CIS 2024, nor do we have a beta release.

The latest information we have is two posts by Melih:

On June 11th, 2023:
yes you can, as soon as its ready for beta test…​
is it 4 weeks or 5 weeks, I can’t tell you (or more…)​

On July 10th, 2023:
CIS is very much ALIVE and KICKING!!!​
Kicking ransomware ■■■!​
Kicking malware ■■■!​
CIS 2024 is coming soon…watch out for Beta…​

I have no special information because I do not work for Comodo or Xcitium.
Us moderators tend to have similar concerns and frustrations with Comodo as most other users.
We wish that CIS 2024 would be released already.

So, to everyone posting in this thread…
It does no good to incessantly complain.
It also does not help to bicker with another forum member.
It is certainly okay to voice your concerns and frustrations, but please be civil, avoid personal attacks, and avoid posting the same issues over and over.

The bottom line is…Comodo will release CIS 2024 when it is ready to be released.
I continue to hope it releases (at least in beta form) very soon.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I still love Comodo, but the above are the objective facts, and the reality. I do have an emotional side in favor of Comodo and I plan to test next Comodo version. But I can't ignore objective facts and reality.
Above you related your subjective experience.
a fact: I used CF for a few years, yes for its containment, and I did not experience any bugs. I don't consider that a subjective opinion, that is my objective experience, fwiw. Just relating it...
I had no reason to read the Comodo forum and never did. I remain of the opinion that some software has matured, (eg CF sandbox), works well and does not necessarily need to be updated every month or every year, etc. But agree it may not be ready or fully compatible with win11 (ie needs an update), although I have read some considered opinions that it does work with win11. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.