Status
Not open for further replies.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
However, users make unnecessary configuration changes to Comodo. They often customize it without understanding the features and impact, which leads to issues and frustration.

But Comodo does have real and tangible issues (bugs), as I referenced in my above post. Unfortunately the developer refuses to address them.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

But Comodo does have real and tangible issues (bugs), as I referenced in my above post. Unfortunately the developer refuses to address them.
I meant that just a few minor adjustments can strengthen Comodo's security. There are bugs in Comodo, particularly with the HIPS rules. These bugs mostly affect usability, not security. Many Comodo users highly prefer and recommend CruelCF. Comodo defaults or CruelCF users won’t encounter those bugs. Despite the bugs, Comodo remains an effective option for most users.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
You don't have to wait for the new version to be compatible with Windows 11. Turn off memory core isolation and enjoy the legacy Comodo Internet Security Suite.

• Thanks
  • HaHa
Reactions: kylprq and Trident

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You don't have to wait for the new version to be compatible with Windows 11. Turn off memory core isolation and enjoy the legacy Comodo Internet Security Suite.
You are suggesting that people weaken Windows main defenses to run 3rd party security software that is not officially compatible? 🤔

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
You are suggesting that people weaken Windows main defenses to run 3rd party security software that is not officially compatible? 🤔

That advice came to me from a Zone Alarm Tech Support person. Older software either won't install or have stability issues running with that Windows feature. Of course, you can always wait til it gets an update. That's up to you.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
That advice came to me from a Zone Alarm Tech Support person. Older software either won't install or have stability issues running with that Windows feature. Of course, you can always wait til it gets an update. That's up to you.
That advise may be applicable to ZoneAlarm legacy products (that have actually been replaced for quite some time by the NextGen) but there is no guarantee it will fix Comodo issues as well.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
That advise may be applicable to ZoneAlarm legacy products (that have actually been replaced for quite some time by the NextGen) but there is no guarantee it will fix Comodo issues as well.

When you consider Windows 11 is at the core Windows 10 with new features, it was also designed to be backwards compatible. As you observed, not all older software may play well with them. That's always the risk.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
When you consider Windows 11 is at the core Windows 10 with new features, it was also designed to be backwards compatible. As you observed, not all older software may play well with them. That's always the risk.
Security software has very deep integration and Windows has never been backwards compatible with AVs/firewalls. These always must be updated and their official recommendations are not to use Insider builds as well.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Why would a rebrand be negative? As far as I understood the corporate version worked as Cruel Sister rules and the HIPS was down graded to HIDS feeding the intrusion response monitor with telsmetry?

Edit: intusion response monitor = EDR system

Last edited by a moderator:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Why would a rebrand be negative? As far as I understood the corporate version worked as Cruel Sister rules and the HIPS was down graded to HIDS feeding the intrusion response monitor with telsmetry?
A rebrand and completely getting rid of Comodo is what I predicted long time ago and is the only right way to go. They can create similar setup like Sophos Home, with a very limited version of the portal available to home users.
This model where 2 developers work once in a blue moon on the software is stupid and unsustainable when you have a codebase already maintained. Also, perhaps they should re-examine what they offer for free and implement charges too. Because “the good samaritan” model doesn’t work extremely well either. If they are looking run successful software and they are in it for the long haul this is.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
Codebase of CIS enterprise (paid business) version is equal to that of CIS pro or premium (paid or free home) version. It is unclear and puzzling to many CIS pro or premium users why Comodo simply can't update it or release a new version in a reasonable time.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
Confirmation from Xcitium end :

- Enterprise products will be rebranded to Xcitium.
- Consumer products continue as Comodo.

Matter solved.

Waiting for New CIS 2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.