CIS 6 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Anyone using just the firewall component ?
I am interested that if the cloud alerts about malware does it now quarantine it ?
This was rumoured to being introduced.

Can anyone test this?
Umbra?
Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 178

I am using the full suite so i can't tell, just try by yourself ;)

D

Deleted member 178

no date, useless to ask since many changes will happen, i can smell it.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
no date, useless to ask since many changes will happen, i can smell it.
yes me too,but what i can say is that the software itself has made a huge step forward,and i guess with this version the userbase will increase!its more userfriendly now and the scan is really fast,lets hope fore more changes this would just be good for us users :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Testing the firewall only with my previous CIS config and trusted files.
BB Sandbox reg tweak for unknowns to run Fully Virtual.
All appears to be running fine will give a test over next 5-7 days.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
No cloud file submissions accepted yet which is a bit of a letdown.
Also lookup comes up unknown even if CAMAS is showing as malware a lot of times.
Guess servers are still not operating properly ??
Roll on the next beta or RC release :)
Certainly has some good features now.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Loving that you can pin it to the taskbar and view all the options.
Using Killswitch (watch activity) more than ever now with this :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Week on, now finished testing the firewall only of CIS6 first public beta.

First impressions:
Very impressive, run smoothly on my system and very light memory print and responsive.
Looking forward to testing again when a Release Candidate is made available.
Must admit this suite looks extremely promising for the future and will certainly be popular :)

D

Deleted member 178

in contrario, after the buzz passed, and deep observation, i am a bit disappointed by the beta, surely many things will be fixed in the future :

- Still responsive, but not so light in resources, when Kiosk or full virtualization is activated, it uses ~40-50mb more RAM because the service.

- No options for Full virtualization.

- the "real" Behavior Blocker "may" be implemented only in v6.1
Now it is just the Auto-sandbox renamed... (the most disappointing point for me)

- The GUI is not very nice (to me), seems to be a mix of other products, and not very ergonomic

i dont mention bugs, that is normal for a beta.

For the moment, i will rather use CIS v5.10 + Sandboxie instead of CIS v6.

This is just the opinion of an objective and rational long time user if CIS.
I am surely among the few ones not so excited by v6.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@ Umbra

I see what you are saying, let us see what the RC/final offers :)
6.1 hopefully will have proper BB/Cloud analysis, when Valkyrie gets added to the mix ?

Still a work in progress.

D

Deleted member 178

Yes, let see the final release. My excitement was the introduction of a real BB and an Auto-full virtualization. at least the second is implemented ^^

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Guys Valkyrie integration has been asked to egemen by wasgi6

egemen said it's still being developp and he did not expect any integration before 2013 .

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
to NSG001 : CIMA has been integrated into CIS since v.5 any unknown file never seen by CIS is uplauded to CIMA. So Cloud Behavior blocker is already present. But the problem with CIMA is the analysis time, and many times it does not detect the bad behavior but it's a really good Instant Malware Analysis so far ..
Valkyrie is faster, better, and more powerfull and remember ! Valkyrie integrates CIMA on Dynamic detection that's why it's even more powerfull ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.