CIS 6 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
- No options for Full virtualization.

Not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

Umbra Corp. said:
- the "real" Behavior Blocker "may" be implemented only in v6.1
Now it is just the Auto-sandbox renamed... (the most disappointing point for me)

No, it's not just the auto-sandbox renamed.

The reason the HIPS is disabled by default is because it is utilized by the BB in regards to unknown applications.

In other words, if you use the default settings, the HIPS will only be monitoring unknown applications in CIS 6. Unlike the full-time monitoring in previous releases.

I guess at this point in time, you could think of the BB as more of an automatic HIPS. It is supposed to become more of a traditional BB in future releases.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
HIPS alerts the user of ANY system activity right?

while the BB will only alert the user of suspicious activity correct? But that is prone to errors.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nikos said:
HIPS alerts the user of ANY system activity right?

Yes. That is the nature of a HIPS.

Nikos said:
while the BB will only alert the user of suspicious activity correct? But that is prone to errors.

As I said, at the moment, the BB acts in response to unknown applications. Not suspicious activity.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
Why HIPS is by default disabled in CIS 6 beta?

Also What is the meaning of Host Intrusion Prevention System? Can you perhaps calrify its given name?

D

Deleted member 178

HeffeD said:
Umbra Corp. said:
- No options for Full virtualization.

Not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

just more tweaking options like Sandboxie.

I guess at this point in time, you could think of the BB as more of an automatic HIPS. It is supposed to become more of a traditional BB in future releases.

what i expected for the beta.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
just more tweaking options like Sandboxie.

Yes, I expected more configuration options as well. From a usability standpoint, the manual sandbox is almost the same as it has always been.

Umbra Corp. said:
what i expected for the beta.

I didn't expect this, as it was stated well before the beta release that such a BB would not be released in version 6.0, but would come later.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Please do a tutorial beta 6 settings thank you. similar to version 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ycwTnJxUk4 TNX all GL forum;)

D

Deleted member 178

Davidov said:
Please do a tutorial beta 6 settings thank you. similar to version 5

it is useless, since CIS may have bugs in some system and not in another.
Also, as you said it is a beta so things will change later; better wait the final release for that.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Wait until final is released for that as Umbra said but note that Comodo will make a help for CIS as they have done for V5 with all details you need ...

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
CIS 6 Help is available -
https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4685-Introduction-to-Comodo-Internet-Security.html

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Yes looks like they are hiding us something ...
But note that "Comodo Cloud Antivirus" which will be built into KillSwitch is going to be released before 2k13 according to egemen ... And you know what ? It will be Valkyrie based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.