Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Zone Alarm I was never fond of it but thanks for the suggestion.

Yes I want Hips.

Considering using CAV + D+ but then Im stuck on the firewall.

Alternative is VIPRE or ESS.

Otherwise Avast +TinyFirewall/Private Firewall/OA

Gosh, choices are endless...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo AV + OA free with HIPS disabled, and you are good to go ^^

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
biozfear said:
Zone Alarm I was never fond of it but thanks for the suggestion.

Me too ^^

Yes I want Hips.

Considering using CAV + D+ but then Im stuck on the firewall.

Comodo AV + OA free (with its HIPS disabled, "yes we can" :D ), and you are good to go ^^

I tested it, no issues.

Alternative is VIPRE or ESS.

Good too

Otherwise Avast +TinyFirewall/Private Firewall/OA

also effective

Gosh, choices are endless...

Yes ^^

P

Plexx

Thread author
I believe after spending the afternoon testing the different combos (even lost track of the different clones of images in VM), I had temporarily made the decision to go CAV with D+. Firewall Probably OA or another, depending on the PMs I have sent for further guidance.

Would like to thank all for the help and support until now.

biozfear

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
biozfear said:
I believe after spending the afternoon testing the different combos (even lost track of the different clones of images in VM), I had temporarily made the decision to go CAV with D+. Firewall Probably OA or another, depending on the PMs I have sent for further guidance.

biozfear

Why not just use cis instead of using cav,d+ and a different fw?

P

Plexx

Thread author
ZeroDay said:
biozfear said:

biozfear

Why not just use cis instead of using cav,d+ and a different fw?

CF and my xbox dont get along. I have narrowed down and it only happens with the xbox wireless adapter that I have.

Question for everyone: If I want CAV and D+, do i download this, or I download the CIS? confused here...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You need just to download Comodo AV. anyway even during CIS installer you can deselect the firewall component.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Thanks umbra. Ill do this tonight since I will have to do a full scan and rather do it overnight

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
You need just to download Comodo AV. anyway even during CIS installer you can deselect the firewall component.

Both are the same size ~87MB, beats me why Comodo has to make things so complex and confusing, but yeah you can choose what you want in the installers. Last time I used the new installers, you can disable D+ before it's installed if you want, even though you want the HIPS. Only saying. :)

Just a last minute thought, do you know of Malware Defender 2.8?

Edit: Might not support 64-bit.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Earth said:
umbrapolaris said:

Both are the same size ~87MB, beats me why Comodo has to make things so complex and confusing, but yeah you can choose what you want in the installers. Last time I used the new installers, you can disable D+ before it's installed if you want, even though you want the HIPS. Only saying. :)

Just a last minute thought, do you know of Malware Defender 2.8?

Edit: Might not support 64-bit.

Yes I have heard of it. Someone at work did recomend it to me. Its from 360Labs, a chinese company. Unfortunatelly it doesnt support 64bit.

Their official link: here Look at the very bottom of the page and its the systems compatibility.

Thanks for the share Earth.

If you have other software to suggest I can still keep my mind free for suggestions since CAV with D+ and CAV with D+ and OA will be tested on VM first for a few days.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
biozfear said:
How stable is the beta?
Ill try to install it again and take a screenshot of the Error message. Give me some time as I am having my dinner :)

Will edit the tread and include the screenshot

Please do, when you get the time. There might be a review on Youtube already, but I've not checked.

I can't say for v1.9.2, but v1.9.1 felt stable, you check the
PCAV Beta Support Forum to see what others are having problems with.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I will try to test it out tonight Earth. Whole afternoon playing around with avs sure took the best out of me.

Haven't logged into the game for 2 days now :p

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Both are the same size ~87MB, beats me why Comodo has to make things so complex and confusing, but yeah you can choose what you want in the installers.

I think it is to do with convenience. If a user who downloads the firewall only installer decides they want to try the AV, they don't need to download anything else. The firewall only installer already contains the AV.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I have noticed that Running CAV with D+ on its own, once I log into my windows account, there is about 30 secs to 1 min delay in loading all applications compared to VIPRE/AVAST/ESET. I do recall back when using CIS having the same problem.

Does anyone know if CAV does any background checks/scans the moment the user log's into windows?

That being said, will fire up VM and attempt ESET NOD32 + OA (for the HIPS of OA only) combo to test run, since ESET HIPS is a bit of a pain.

Edit: I cant even activate the free trial of OA. possibly server down since my internet is working fine.

Im seeing more and more going back to ESET/VIPRE

Test ran Avast + PF and was no problem on the other pc. Still test running that combo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast Free AV could be definitely fitted with Agnitum, Online Armor Free, Look n Stop, Tinywall, and Private Firewall. Its all about issue due to components but others were known for being pure firewall.

Vipre IS 2012 is perfectly a fine suite since the components combination built in were strong enough.

Threatfire could be capable on some security products but like Avast Free it does have the built in BB.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Biozfear said:
I have noticed that Running CAV with D+ on its own, once I log into my windows account, there is about 30 secs to 1 min delay in loading all applications compared to VIPRE/AVAST/ESET. I do recall back when using CIS having the same problem.
Does anyone know if CAV does any background checks/scans the moment the user log's into windows?

I know that the RT AV of Comodo scan the memory at startup of the system (if checked), did you activate it. I did it but i dont have the same delay.

P

Plexx

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
Biozfear said:

I know that the RT AV of Comodo scan the memory at startup of the system (if checked), did you activate it. I did it but i dont have the same delay.

CAV is set on default settings as I have testing performance and system impact, before I move to having 2 game clients running etc (yes I need 2 clients of the same game at the same time for storage and other conveniences).

Once OA is installed on CAV machine, perfomance remains the same moment you login, meaning with or without OA, machine with CAV does seem a bit delayed after login compared to ESET/VIPRE.
Avast on the other hand does have a small delay as well. Perhaps is how they work by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.