Comodo Auto-Sandbox -- as good as an anti-executable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
A further issue is that current malicious macros have been doing checks to see if they are running in virtual environments. Aside from the majors, Sandboxie (since being bought out) has also been included. So run an infected Document in SBIE and it acts like a playful kitten; run it outside of the box and it turns into a ravenous beast and rips your heart out.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Just do not enable macros in either Micrososft Office or Apache Open Office and disable powershell (which is the most popular recently) in Windows.
I liked the idea of disabling powershell

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Is there any easy way to disable/enable Power Shell when I need it?

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I noticed that the shared folder, where the downloads go, is only partially virtualized.
If I try to open an exe file it is blocked, but if I open a Word file or a PDF file, it opens unsandboxed
Isn't that a security problem? One of the most common attack vectors is through a Word file or PDF file that has malicious code.

excuse me guys, I have a similar question

let me do a comparison to explain: do you know how SBIE works? if you download something it is kept sandboxed unless you take it out of the SB; even if you open windows explorer, you can0t reach the file in your regular download folder, you can find it only in SBIE folder.
I'd like comodo to work in the same way. insted if i open WE i can reach the file and open it unsandboxed.
how can i make comodo work like SBIE? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.